S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

What do we have now 22 or 23 commits? Who can we finish the class with . Are there any big names we may have a chance with?

Dwayne Johnson and Drake Martinez...this recruiting cycle is turning out to remind me of our football season.

Definitely. It's not like we've gotten 8 of our commits this month or anything.

We have had a lot of breaks go our way and are fizzing out at the end. Aka just how our season went

• Fire 1

This decision sucks more for McWilson than Nebraska. I honestly feel bad for the him, its similar to a kid passing on Florida State for Kansas because he wanted to play in the big 12.

That is a very similar analogy I used with one of my buddies today to explain this situation. He laughed and the thought a kid would do that and he doesn't even follow recruiting.

By the way, Marrow is a snake. We should drop his son as retribution, but our staff is too moral to do something like that.

Big time disagree with this. Marrow took a FULL TIME job with a buddy. Part of his allure was his conections and recruiting prowess. (I remember a few posters down-playing the loss of a simple "G.A." when he left)

I doubt many posters on this board would not have taken a position and salary upgrade to work with a friend.

Hardly the description of a "snake".

Just because it hasn't worked out well for us, it doesn't make the individuals involved any lesser creatures.

I don't dislike Marrow for any of the above. I dislike him because he used a connection he made while at NU to take a NU recruit. I have had similar opportunities in my career (take clients from former employers) and declined, out of respect to my former employer. You can do your job without sh-ting on the people you used to work for - they are not mutually exclusive issues.

If he's switching, he's not switching because Kentucky is a better fit. He's switching because of his relationship with marrow. And if that's worth being a bottom dweller in the SEC, a highly reduced draft stock and not getting to experience bowl games than so be it.

Draft stock will not be reduced at all. See: Cobb, Randall. Hell, Randy Moss was a highly touted draft pick out of Marshall. NFL scouts don't give a sh#t where you come from; only what your physical & mental tools are and what your potential is.

I imagine Kentucky is saying he'll be able to play more right away. Which is true; our receiving corps is set for the next 2-3 years with Bell, Turner, Allen, etc.

simple, they made him a promise for playing time. Bo and staff wont make players any promises. I cant fault him for taking a guarantee. UK can make those type of promises because quite frankly, they dont have any talent. This is how a lot of lower tier schools get decent talents from time to time.

While it might only be a matter of time, he has not officially committed to Kentucky yet. Can we update the thread to take off the Kentucky tag at least until we have our at home visit on Tuesday. Slim chances are a given but let's not add more fuel to the fire.

If someone has an official commit to Kentucky statement from him, please share to show why the tag is there. The most I have seen is that he is "leaning toward Kentucky" in his comments.

While it might only be a matter of time, he has not officially committed to Kentucky yet. Can we update the thread to take off the Kentucky tag at least until we have our at home visit on Tuesday. Slim chances are a given but let's not add more fuel to the fire.

If someone has an official commit to Kentucky statement from him, please share to show why the tag is there. The most I have seen is that he is "leaning toward Kentucky" in his comments.

I second that motion.