CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

So I still haven't found an exact answer on how many schollies USC has, but I think they are limited to 75 total and 15 per year. They can take 18 in this class because there are 3 guys that can counted towards last year. So it shouldn't matter how many players leave the team, they are still limited in recruits.

So I still haven't found an exact answer on how many schollies USC has, but I think they are limited to 75 total and 15 per year. They can take 18 in this class because there are 3 guys that can counted towards last year. So it shouldn't matter how many players leave the team, they are still limited in recruits.

in fact nobody knows..... and that seems to be the problem..... as long as their 'breaking bread' with the right people i guess they can do whatever they want....

Ya, but that's the point ... their are "rules" ... then their are NCAA rules" ... then their are "U$C rules" ... and they seem to even bypass all of them. Seems like the Bush scandal was actually installed to help their recruiting. It's only gotten better since they have their "discipline" instituted ... who does that?

You answered your own question. They only have room for 18 3 more then they should because they had 3 early enrollees that didnt count towards the 2012 class. Unless someone transfers, gets kick off the team, loses a scholarship, or mysteriously goes missing, they only have room for 18 right now. Of course they will find a way to get a guy like Priest if he wants in, either kick a guy off their current class (one WR already tore his ACL) or make a guy transfer. Its BS but they will find a way to take Nkemdiche and Priest both if they both want in.

The NCAA is going to have to make scholarships a 4 year contract, that will help teams from doing things like that. Of course they will just find a way around that as well.

You answered your own question. They only have room for 18 3 more then they should because they had 3 early enrollees that didnt count towards the 2012 class. Unless someone transfers, gets kick off the team, loses a scholarship, or mysteriously goes missing, they only have room for 18 right now. Of course they will find a way to get a guy like Priest if he wants in, either kick a guy off their current class (one WR already tore his ACL) or make a guy transfer. Its BS but they will find a way to take Nkemdiche and Priest both if they both want in.

The NCAA is going to have to make scholarships a 4 year contract, that will help teams from doing things like that. Of course they will just find a way around that as well.

So they should still be limited to only 15 regardless of who they drop, right? I mean the penalty was 15 commitments (not including the 3 early enrolees). So if they start cutting players like people believe they will, they should not be allowed to take more kids out of HS. Regardless of the total number of kids they have on scholarship. If this is not the case, why not just drop enough kids right of the bat so that you can sign 25 or more?

I don't think it is just 15 per year. I think it is 75 total scholarships, but I could be wrong. I think the 15 per year would be a much stiffer penalty than the 75 total. It's to easy for them to juggle things around.

That could be. The details of their penalties just say a loss of 10 per year. It doesn't say it has to be 15 new every year or just 75 total. It does amaze me how someone would wnat to associate themselves with crooked programs.

ya thats how i understand it, as long as they are at 75 i dont think it matters how they get there. The bowl ban was really the only penalty, they recruit so well that their 75 are just as good as anybody elses 85. Injuries are where its really going to hurt them, a few key injuries and they wont have the depth. We probably got Stanton because of the penalty as well. I think they would take Stanton if they had room for 25.

For 2014 they should actually only be able to take 14 when Silas Redd makes it there, but im sure they will have some "attrition" and take a few more.

Alright, I found the answer from the NCAA:

"The reduction in football scholarships will begin with the 2012-13 academic year. USC will be able to offer 15 initial scholarships (instead of the maximum of 25) and 75 total scholarships (instead of the maximum of 85) for each of the next three academic years. This reduction will not impact those student-athletes who have already signed for the 2011-12 academic year."

So USC is limited to BOTH 75 total scholarships and 15 per year. So players leaving will not help them get beyond the 15 recruits.

"The reduction in football scholarships will begin with the 2012-13 academic year. USC will be able to offer 15 initial scholarships (instead of the maximum of 25) and 75 total scholarships (instead of the maximum of 85) for each of the next three academic years. This reduction will not impact those student-athletes who have already signed for the 2011-12 academic year."

So USC is limited to BOTH 75 total scholarships and 15 per year. So players leaving will not help them get beyond the 15 recruits.

They already have 18 committed... Something tells me there's a way around it.

They already have 18 committed... Something tells me there's a way around it.

I would assume, since nothing is official until they sign a letter of inent, they have until national signing day to ditch some of these committed kids? I have no idea, other than it being U$C, how they would get away with doing that though. But hey, what do I know, I'm not a snake like Kiffin, so I don't understand underhanded thought process.

P.S. I love Willis and hope he comes to Nebraska when all is said and done.