New DB coach

Did you read my entire post? I addressed that Bo would pick up the slack there, and he even stated as recently as today that he could do that if called upon.

I did and I still disagree. Bo is a great coach but he can't do everything. Bo needs to hire the best assistant coaches he can and then get out of the way and let them do the job they were hired to do.

Anyone remember Osborne was basically his own OC?

TO was the HC and OC sure, but he didn't coach the RBs as well. Bo on the other hand is the HC, DC, and some people want him to coach the DBs as well? Bo is a great coach but he can't do everything.

I think it's encouraging that he has ties in areas we want to hit for recruiting, but I agree that we cannot focus solely on his areas of (presumed) expertise. We must remain national and we must hit more than we miss on recruits. We don't have that SEC luxury of being able to afford to wildly miss-analyze (not sure that's a word) a player.

I guess it boils down to this - I would pump sunshine about this guy if I could, but frankly, I have nothing to go on. I'm not against the hire and I like that he's family - or at least, extended family - but I'm taking a wait-and-see stance before getting too excited about him. I can't see any great successes to point to in his resume. I'm in the same boat as I was with Fisher, and with Erstad in baseball.

Any word is legal when you throw in a hyphen. I think the people at Webster's invented it when they were feeling lazy. When it comes to recruiting I also greatly enjoy the term 'analymiss'. Seems about as accurate as anything else these days.

Did you read my entire post? I addressed that Bo would pick up the slack there, and he even stated as recently as today that he could do that if called upon.

I did and I still disagree. Bo is a great coach but he can't do everything. Bo needs to hire the best assistant coaches he can and then get out of the way and let them do the job they were hired to do.

Anyone remember Osborne was basically his own OC?

TO was the HC and OC sure, but he didn't coach the RBs as well. Bo on the other hand is the HC, DC, and some people want him to coach the DBs as well? Bo is a great coach but he can't do everything.

I heard from one of the players yesterday that Pelini might be coaching the defensive backs, but I'm glad he isn't. Being HC, DC, and DB coach is quite a handful.