First Spring Practice - 2012

it's going to be the same Taylor all season long, and next year.......Bo says he is better, like night and day, yeah, well i doubt it. instead of pumping sunshine, Bo just should have said the kid is working on his fundamentals and left the issue of improvement at that......now everyone will be watching his every throw and analyzing his technique.......he may play smarter, but i doubt he has "changed his swing".......and another conservative year of running, since once again, we haven't developed anyone worth a damn as back up ready to step in.....

it's going to be the same Taylor all season long, and next year.......Bo says he is better, like night and day, yeah, well i doubt it. instead of pumping sunshine, Bo just should have said the kid is working on his fundamentals and left the issue of improvement at that......now everyone will be watching his every throw and analyzing his technique.......he may play smarter, but i doubt he has "changed his swing".......and another conservative year of running, since once again, we haven't developed anyone worth a damn as back up ready to step in.....

Thanks for the update. Since you get access to practices please keep us more informed on how the team is progressing. How is Ameer doing? Is he our clear cut #2 or is Green? What about Marrow, is he getting carries as a fullback or just mainly blocking. Man i wish i could be at our practices. You are one lucky dude.

Man, there is a lot of fail in this thread, and seemingly lost on everyone is the fact that the media was actually there, watching practice, and THEY commented on Taylor's mechanics.

OWH

You guys can keep trying to break down still photos if you want, or you can take the word of the coach AND the media, who were all there watching everything live.

It's all a conspiracy man. Some dude on the internet told me.

1331018962539.jpg

What conniption? I made an observation. You're the one who decided to get all pissy about it. Taylor's eyes are on the football not the WR he's throwing to. His mechanics are bad enough as is. I understand Taylor is the #1 QB and he'll be the #1 guy for the next two years. But we're not going to win our division much less the conference or BCS title with him at the QB spot. As long as he's the #1 QB we'll be a mere 9-3 team tops. If I end up being wrong I'll admit it but based on his past two seasons as a starter I'm not expecting anything more than what I've seen thus far. Watch RGIII, Andrew Luck and other top QBs throw and tell me if they are looking at the ball as it leaves their hand. I'm not bashing Taylor I'm making a legitimate observation and if you don't like it then that's your problem not mine.

NU won the BigXII North division w/Tmart in 2010 and came within an eyelash of winning the CCG (the defense couldn't hold a 17 pt lead). Just maybe you noticed, our defense in 2011 was anything but great & our Oline rushing production was wayyyyy down. Yet again, our WRs dropped passes all over the place.

It's simple and easy to pin everything that went wrong on our qb, even on the other side of the ball. But just because it's easy and simple doesn't make it accurate.

• Fire 2

I haven't been around much since the end of the season but I seriously thought the incessant Taylor bashing was in the past...? Taylor was a good quarterback for us last season, running and passing. Not perfect by any means, but he had a really, really good season that was a huge step up maturity wise and passing wise from his freshman season. Do you guys have that bad of revisionist memory? The Wisconsin game was about as ugly as can be but we all know that was not all on Taylor, and since then take a look at these completion rates. 16 of 22, 13 of 22, 28 of 37, 12 of 22, 10 of 16. Not comprehensive of course but statistics are only half of the equation.

Come on guys. He's a running quarterback, we're a running team, and he's becoming a pretty damn fine quarterback in his own right - I'd put Taylor up against Frazier or Crouch throwing the football any day. At worst he's about equal.

• Fire 1

Exactly. People want to say Bo Pelini has nothing to do with setting the "high expectations" the fans have. Well, if saying Taylor has improved, "it's like night and day"..........there ya go dipsh*t. You just set the expectations pretty high. When he fails, and looks like the same Taylor that I know he will be, it only leaves people one place to go. Instead, leave it open, then people can be either pleasantly surprised by his improvement, or get what they expected. But nope, Bo's laid the expectation out there, I'm expecting a Taylor that is like "night and day" from last year. It's a crock of sh#t.

Exactly. People want to say Bo Pelini has nothing to do with setting the "high expectations" the fans have. Well, if saying Taylor has improved, "it's like night and day"..........there ya go dipsh*t. You just set the expectations pretty high. When he fails, and looks like the same Taylor that I know he will be, it only leaves people one place to go. Instead, leave it open, then people can be either pleasantly surprised by his improvement, or get what they expected. But nope, Bo's laid the expectation out there, I'm expecting a Taylor that is like "night and day" from last year. It's a crock of sh#t.

Kinda like your posts.

• Fire 2

I haven't been around much since the end of the season but I seriously thought the incessant Taylor bashing was in the past...? Taylor was a good quarterback for us last season, running and passing. Not perfect by any means, but he had a really, really good season that was a huge step up maturity wise and passing wise from his freshman season. Do you guys have that bad of revisionist memory? The Wisconsin game was about as ugly as can be but we all know that was not all on Taylor, and since then take a look at these completion rates. 16 of 22, 13 of 22, 28 of 37, 12 of 22, 10 of 16. Not comprehensive of course but statistics are only half of the equation.

Come on guys. He's a running quarterback, we're a running team, and he's becoming a pretty damn fine quarterback in his own right - I'd put Taylor up against Frazier or Crouch throwing the football any day. At worst he's about equal.

he played to the best of his ability, and cleaned up alot of his retard mode moments from his freshman season.

that being said, he limits us offensively, especially in crucial late game situations.

Wow, been gone a month, never missed a second. Same Sh#t different day. It would seem someone could find something positive every once in while.

If we have a QB problem, not sure we do, but if we truly do going into year three of his tenure, then we have a major coaching problem, lack of recruiting and development of players. It is getting really tiring listening to this kid get beat on every single second of the day. The man that puts him in this situation is the root of the problem, but no we never consider this. Follow like blind sheep, great guy, will lead Nebraska back, but is not capable according to some of producing or using the right QB. Year 5 he should be able to assess talent and put it on the field. If Taylor is the failure most seem to think he is, it starts at the top.

Move the topic to where it belongs. Get off the kid, he does not make the starting line up. He does what he is told, nothing more. Man I wonder how some of you would feel if your child was in this situation, doubtful you would make the coments you do now.

Thought I would look back in, hope springs eternal in the spring, but not here.

This thread has just turned into a giant bitchfest.

Personally, I will wait until I can personally see Taylor play in the spring game or even the regular season before I say that he hasn't improved. I have no idea, so I just have to trust what the coaches are saying.

Man, there is a lot of fail in this thread, and seemingly lost on everyone is the fact that the media was actually there, watching practice, and THEY commented on Taylor's mechanics.

OWH

You guys can keep trying to break down still photos if you want, or you can take the word of the coach AND the media, who were all there watching everything live.

i hope he is much improved, but the media is no judge or authority and this is his first practice, so it seems a little premature to say he is suddenly cured......

that being said, he limits us offensively, especially in crucial late game situations.

Was it him that limited us late in games or was it the play calling, or the offensive play as a whole on multiple levels? Look at the Northwestern game, yes you can say they had no defense, but he just about led an impossible comeback and was the biggest reason why we were even competitive in that game.

I know people can think what they want but he has so much potential even with a goofy throwing motion. If he improves as much this year as he did last, the sky's the limit. How quickly people forget; he was the biggest reason why we beat Okie lite the year before, and Lavonte may have sparked the biggest comeback in Husker history, but who ripped off an 18 yard touchdown run to capitalize on the turnover and then threw two long passes to tie it up?

Sadly and honestly, Bo and Co have a horrific, at best, track record in regards to pre season comments. The comments about the O line/ D line is so deep, so and so is really stepping up, our O is really up tempo, the O is really pushing the D, Martinez is night and day difference, the team is really getting some chemistry, winter conditioning has really paid off etc.......

Can anyone actually pull a preseason comment that came true? If so, a lot more was coach speak sunshine pumping than fans hatin on the Huskers.

For the sake of the fans and those involved perhaps he could have said that they have worked with Martinez ref mechanics. We are hoping that come game time, the changes will have improved him in some areas that we graded him low in last season. Maybe even, we have a lot of team speed. We hope that we can really find a way to get those guys on the field and have it translate to game time performance. Lavonte was a special player here, like SUH, not replaced. We have recruited well and are really excited to see these guys go at it. These things, yes they are coach speak, but IMO, much better than day one practice saying night and day difference and have the fans and media in a tailspin when we all see the back foot, side arm odd release.

One thing I think we can all agree on is tht Martinez is Bo's guy and will start regardless. I just hope for some improvement.