SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Just re-watched the initial highlight film on page 1. Obviously a good runner on designed runs. Isn't afraid to lower shoulder and run over guys, and has strength to break away from arm tackles...also, elusive enough to make a few guys miss...

Most importantly, I noticed that at least 12 or so times, when he was rushed, as he scrambled, he was always still looking to throw as he attacked LOS... An effective runner who is still looking to throw the ball. Great combination.

Just re-watched the initial highlight film on page 1. Obviously a good runner on designed runs. Isn't afraid to lower shoulder and run over guys, and has strength to break away from arm tackles...also, elusive enough to make a few guys miss...

Most importantly, I noticed that at least 12 or so times, when he was rushed, as he scrambled, he was always still looking to throw as he attacked LOS... An effective runner who is still looking to throw the ball. Great combination.

Good notice HANC. Obviously, we only see the highlights, and not the low points, but after watching it again, he doesn't seem to panic and keeps scanning the field. Not bad.

Edit: BTW HANC...you joined Huskerboard on a good day. ;)

This is awesome news. I like the fact that Gruden labeled him Johnny Tebow. He runs like him but throws a heck of a lot better. Great combo to have at QB.

People in Cali have been calling him that since last fall's playoffs. Screw Tebow. The guy reminds me of one of NU's own. Scott Frost. Size, punishing runner, and a hitch in the throwing motion.

If he would have agreed to play safety in college, many recruiting talking heads have said he would EASILY be a high 4 star kid. They loved his potential at that position that much.

As I said who knows how many pages ago in this thread. Johnny Stanton will win a bunch of games wherever he goes to school. Looks like he picked a hell of one for that prediction.

• Fire 2

This is awesome news. I like the fact that Gruden labeled him Johnny Tebow. He runs like him but throws a heck of a lot better. Great combo to have at QB.

People in Cali have been calling him that since last fall's playoffs. Screw Tebow. The guy reminds me of one of NU's own. Scott Frost. Size, punishing runner, and a hitch in the throwing motion.

If he would have agreed to play safety in college, many recruiting talking heads have said he would EASILY be a high 4 star kid. They loved his potential at that position that much.

As I said who knows how many pages ago in this thread. Johnny Stanton will win a bunch of games wherever he goes to school. Looks like he picked a hell of one for that prediction.

I didn't compare him to Frost, who is one of my favorites, because he doesn't seem to have the speed Scott had even though he looks like he will lower a shoulder. To me, it looks like he has a better arm from the get go. I never saw any HS video tape of Frost but Stanton to me looks like a better thrower right now.

Turns out Martinez actually did have alot to do with this. Stanton and Martinez were working out with Calhoun, Martinez' QB coach a couple times last week, and they really hit it off.

Also remember his videos are of him playing against the best competition in CA, in one video he runs over Redfield....one of the best safteys if not the best in the country. We got a good one.

This young man is damn good! I'm pumped about this guy coming to Nebraska. Tommy Armstrong and now Stanton committing is a clear sign of the direction of this offense. We are finally recruiting "QUARTERBACKS"!!!! Not RB's that try to learn to throw. This guy can sling the rock and run if he has to. Great get! Beck is gonna turn this thing around if we keep getting players like this.

I would really like to see Stanton commit to us soon. I keep checking this thread every day, hoping to read some good news.

Ya, everyday I show up some QB commits to another school. Today I saw a poster who said Kincaid was going to be "N" come in and change that statement to cover himself. :-) If we don't get Stanton I don't personally see a QB on the radar that is worth a scholarship.

Not sure who said poster your talking about, but a few of us picked him to be N earlier in the process, when it was looking good for us. We never got him up here, he decided to stay closer to home and thats the way it works. Kids change their mind all the time, no one is ever going to be right all the time because we just dont know what these kids are thinking, we just gather info and make our best guess. Stanton could be having second thoughts right now, and that is what is taking him so long, idk. But shortly after his visit he was leaning very hard our way, whether that has changed or not idk. The more and more the days go by the more nervous i get.

it wouldn't surprise me if we learned something this weekend.

Close da skers, you da man.

read this

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120709/BIGRED/707109992/1707#huskers-land-4-star-quarterback-commitment

Should probably hear of another in a few days. Maybe even two guys. Depends on how things fall.

• Fire 1

Turns out Martinez actually did have alot to do with this. Stanton and Martinez were working out with Calhoun, Martinez' QB coach a couple times last week, and they really hit it off.

Also remember his videos are of him playing against the best competition in CA, in one video he runs over Redfield....one of the best safteys if not the best in the country. We got a good one.

Good on Taylor, showing team leadership here.

Stanton is a good get, really seems like a competitor.