Ryan Klachko

Losing talent hurts, no matter the level they put out here. It seems we lose quite a few of the talented ones for some reason. Were these busts prior to being recruited, IE attitude, moral, work ethic, and should never have been recruited. Or is it that Bo and his anger control causes some of this, just questioning.

I follow quite a few programs, Bama, LSU, and SC. I do not see the top athletes leaving these programs at the rate they leave Nebraska. When one does it is a major problem, drugs, law problems. Seldom see them leave for unknown reasons.

Clownahan had the same problems it seems.

Bo is the captain of the ship, he recruited these guys, it is his responsiblity to make them fit in, not cast out.

Just looking at it from both side.

But I agree if a kid does not want to be at Nebraska, he should not be.

Losing talent hurts, no matter the level they put out here. It seems we lose quite a few of the talented ones for some reason. Were these busts prior to being recruited, IE attitude, moral, work ethic, and should never have been recruited. Or is it that Bo and his anger control causes some of this, just questioning.

I follow quite a few programs, Bama, LSU, and SC. I do not see the top athletes leaving these programs at the rate they leave Nebraska. When one does it is a major problem, drugs, law problems. Seldom see them leave for unknown reasons.

Clownahan had the same problems it seems.

Bo is the captain of the ship, he recruited these guys, it is his responsiblity to make them fit in, not cast out.

Just looking at it from both side.

But I agree if a kid does not want to be at Nebraska, he should not be.

Good points..... but it leads me back to my post earlier about how many of the guys who leave are superstars after they leave? Meaning when you refer to them as "great athletes", it is based on some recruiting guru behind a desk watching film... I am a coach as many know, and when college coaches call, I want to be honest with them, but at the same time give my kid an opportunity to go somewhere... In the recruiting process a "rosey" picture may get painted on both sides.... Bo has to sell himself and UNL and the kid has to say the right things.... once they reach campus, the true colors come out on one side or another and things don't work out.

I still would like to know how many guys who leave have actually become "impact" players at another respectable program. I think we all panic when guys leave...especially when some service has hyped them up to be stars..... The amount of "non-athletes" who drop classes or transfer to another university is an everyday occurance, just when it happens to be a football players do we start trying to point fingers and play the blame game.

Look at how "stellar" Cody Green was when we recruited him. Now look at him. Starting for Tulsa, and being VERY average. Or Marlon Lucky? Number 2 running back in the country? Never would have known that looking at his play at NU. Sometimes stuff just doesn't transfer from high school to college. Gotta have the "gift" to find the ones that do.

Look at how "stellar" Cody Green was when we recruited him. Now look at him. Starting for Tulsa, and being VERY average. Or Marlon Lucky? Number 2 running back in the country? Never would have known that looking at his play at NU. Sometimes stuff just doesn't transfer from high school to college. Gotta have the "gift" to find the ones that do.

Cody could very well have been "stellar" - he just never got a chance here. It's not always the kid's fault, sometimes the roster dictates the success they have.

Marlon Lucky - the same guy that got himself into the top 20 rushers, and top 5 career all purpose yards at Nebraska? Not exactly a bad career amid the Calahan years. It's not always the kid's fault, sometimes the coaching dictates the success they have.

Again, losing any scholarship athlete is bad, it seems we get so set on one kid and if he says no, we scramble to get what ever we can. I would rather a more reasonable approach to replacement was made. I would rather see us take what we want and only that, rather than a dash to put numbers in the program, as an athlete leaving never has a good out come for the program. Manpower loss, wasted time, money and poison to the recruiting pool.

The Marine Corps established a quota for recruits, but the overall success of a recruiter, for career advancement, was not on the number recruited, but those that made it through their enlistment, the rank they attained and benefit they brought to the Corps. For a career Marine it had advantages in promotion.

Being a Marine recruiter I understand the relationship between the high school and University/military service. But some are just plain honest, IE, take him, it is his only chance, or as I found, would let you know if there were skeletons to be concerned with. IE drug use, anger control.

Honestey between the coaching staff and the high school are key stones for a relationship. I think Bo does this far above board.

Again, losing any scholarship athlete is bad, it seems we get so set on one kid and if he says no, we scramble to get what ever we can. I would rather a more reasonable approach to replacement was made. I would rather see us take what we want and only that, rather than a dash to put numbers in the program, as an athlete leaving never has a good out come for the program. Manpower loss, wasted time, money and poison to the recruiting pool.

The Marine Corps established a quota for recruits, but the overall success of a recruiter, for career advancement, was not on the number recruited, but those that made it through their enlistment, the rank they attained and benefit they brought to the Corps. For a career Marine it had advantages in promotion.

Being a Marine recruiter I understand the relationship between the high school and University/military service. But some are just plain honest, IE, take him, it is his only chance, or as I found, would let you know if there were skeletons to be concerned with. IE drug use, anger control.

Honestey between the coaching staff and the high school are key stones for a relationship. I think Bo does this far above board.

Im not sure who your referring to here. We didnt scramble to take him, he was a highly ranked prospect that didnt work out. We dont dash to put numbers in the program, we actually have a few schollys to give. We may have a few reaches here and there, some work out and some dont. In fact in Sams article this morning, he said our "reach" from last class Leroy Alexander looks the most ready to play body wise out of all the freshman. Kids are going to leave every program, we are just closer to this situation because we follow our team closer. Just this week Auburn has a backup QB and a CB transferring, and after winning the National Championship they lost their best RB who was the MVP of the game. You would be surprised how often it happens at other schools...... alot more.

Who is to say that the players ran him off and not the coaches. The players have been talking about accountibility and wanting everyone to be on the same page.

More truth in this than you know.

If that is true, sometimes it hurts to start off that way but it pays big dividends in the long run. (Unlike every stock I pick, where it just hurts)

We are at 80 schollys right now and John Rose will get one. I remember them promising Janovich an early scholly if he would walk on, so i bet he gets one this year or next. Choi, Long and Maher would be obvious choices as well, and wouldnt be surprised if they rewarded all of them, we do have room to put all of them on and still take 25 this cycle. Otherwise we could take 28 or more, but i dont see that happening.

Sam said in a recent article that Janovich was the same size as Imani Cross

John Supinie@JohnSupinie

Former SHG offensive lineman Ryan Klachko attends #illini practice Tuesday morning. Left Nebraska but not yet ready to comment.

What are the in conference transfer rules? I know a lot of people made a big deal that all the PSU players could go to another B1G school if they wanted.

In the B12 - and probably the same in the B1G - the transfer player had to sit out one year AND lost an additional year of eligibility.