Ryan Klachko

That would be the play. Plus Cotton has made a bunch of drive-sustaining catches, and tons more blocks down in the trenches. He's a credit to the Cotton name, and while the nepotism concerns were worth mentioning when he was signed (speculation always rises in situations like that), he's more than put that question/concern to bed.

If his brothers are even close to as good as Ben, we're getting plenty of ROI on the Cotton Bros.

Exactly..........

That would be the play. Plus Cotton has made a bunch of drive-sustaining catches, and tons more blocks down in the trenches. He's a credit to the Cotton name, and while the nepotism concerns were worth mentioning when he was signed (speculation always rises in situations like that), he's more than put that question/concern to bed.

If his brothers are even close to as good as Ben, we're getting plenty of ROI on the Cotton Bros.

I am more in the camp that Barny is still allowed to coach because of his son(s)... Still nepotism. :)

thanks for the info, Daskers.

Any thought on how long they plan to keep BC on staff? We heard rumbling a few years ago about him taking some sort of assistant AD spot. Heard anything about this lately?

I like Barneys kids, no doubt the kids can play, but it does put Barney and his kids in an awkward position. Everyone is going to call nepotism if they arent starting, so I can see other players saying he is making special rules for his own kids. But, most dad coaches are HARDER on their kids, than other peoples. They expect more and reflect on the parent. So, who knows what is really going on. If the other players forced him out, then maybe he was just crying because he didnt get the #1 spot.

Hebwas on the hot seat last year but stepped up to the plate mid season. He and Bo are friendly but I wouldn't say they are best friends so if he reverts back enough he might move on. It will just have to play out but I think it's going to take something pretty major at this point to fire him.

There are a few guys up set that his kid his still hurt and having issues from the surgery still and yet he gets playing time before guys who are probably better than him at the moment. If it were Joe Blow it might not be as big a deal ( think about Jones the last 2 years) but since it's father son a lot more goes into it. Out of the 3-4 who seem to be most vocal only one guy probably has a claim to being hirgher at their sport on the depth chart. The others need to work harder.

Had to +1 this. Ben Cotton has been a very good player to this point. I expect no less from Jake and Sam.

Uh... i remember the tight end Johnny Mitchell had a rep of not practicing hard or of having a really hard work ethic, but did we kick him to the door and give up on him? Hardly! Johnny was one of our best tight ends ever! TO wouldnt give up on a kid just like that and for those of you who are saying, if he doesnt work hard then show him the door? If the guy produces on game day thats all i care about and all any of you should care about!

Zach Weigert i played with in high school and was the biggest screw off on the team in practice but look at what he accomplished! He just had the natural talent and having the widest girth that i've ever seen on a human being probably helped as well! lol!

Uh... i remember the tight end Johnny Mitchell had a rep of not practicing hard or of having a really hard work ethic, but did we kick him to the door and give up on him? Hardly! Johnny was one of our best tight ends ever! TO wouldnt give up on a kid just like that and for those of you who are saying, if he doesnt work hard then show him the door? If the guy produces on game day thats all i care about and all any of you should care about!

Zach Weigert i played with in high school and was the biggest screw off on the team in practice but look at what he accomplished! He just had the natural talent and having the widest girth that i've ever seen on a human being probably helped as well! lol!

different times my friend, different time...

Ben Cotton could not tie Johnny Mitchell's shoe strings!

I'm not sure Johnny Mitchell could either.

Pithy AND worthless. An Interweb winner.

It's official, he's with Illinois:

Beckman Adds Another Offensive Lineman

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - Illinois head coach Tim Beckman announced on Wednesday that offensive lineman Ryan Klachko (Sacred Heart-Griffin HS/Springfield, Ill.) has transferred to Illinois after spending last season at the University of Nebraska. Klachko has begun practicing with the Illini, but will not be able to play in 2012 due to NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility remaining starting in 2013.

"Ryan was one of the top players in the state coming out of high school," Beckman said of Klachko. "We're happy to welcome Ryan back to Illinois, where he'll be closer to his family and friends. After practicing with us this season, I look forward to him competing for playing time and providing depth on the offensive line starting in 2013."