Shawn Eichorst

Brian Christopherson is just a fount of information on the Twitter. Loving this guy!

Here's BC's take on Perlman's presser announcing Eichorst.

@HuskerExtraBC

Perlman said a certain criteria was laid out in looking for the new A.D. "I think he meets those criteria in a remarkable way."

@HuskerExtraBC

Eichorst told Perlman his view of success would be "if the coaches and student-athletes have been successful, and nobody knows my name."

@HuskerExtraBC

Perlman says Osborne was involved but admits T.O. might be one of those disappointed he wasn't directly involved.

@HuskerExtraBC

"For me, in this circumstance, the selection was clear. To me, the (other) options were not as strong," Perlman said.

@HuskerExtraBC

Perlman interviewed two candidates. Both external candidates.

@HuskerExtraBC

Perlman said he believes that "incumbents shouldn't be too intimately involved" in hiring the next guy.

@HuskerExtraBC

About not hiring someone within the #Husker family: "I did that once, as you'll recall," Perlman said. #Huskers

@HuskerExtraBC

"I'm confident knowing Bo as I do, and knowing Shawn as I do, that it will be a very positive relationship," Perlman said. #Huskers

@HuskerExtraBC

Given the contract setup of Eichorst, as just explained by Harvey, the guy's going to be here at least 5 years unless he's nuts.

@HuskerExtraBC

Eichorst interviewed other candidate in Omaha. "Don't read into that. Don't read into that," Perlman said. In other words, it wasn't Trev.

@HuskerExtraBC

My early story on Eichorst. His humble nature sticks out to those who know him: http://bit.ly/SFUhYI

@swmckewonOWH

Perlman: One challenge at NU is following Tom Osborne. And it discouraged some people from applying.

First task as new AD for Eichorst: keep Paul Meyers.

paul meyers may stick around but he is not getting the job because he and TO have gotten into more than one argument recently, mostly about modernizing traditions etc.

Thats kind of odd that TO recommended him then.

Edit: He was actually one of 3.

Heard it from more than one person, sir. Regardless of who was recommended.

I'm not stating they didn't have a difference in ideas from time to time. But I know absolutely that TO did not block him from getting the job.

That was the point I was making. You don't state that he would do well in the job and then turn around and state...but don't hire him.

I'm also not saying that he didn't recommend him. Just that it was a major reason he didn't get it.

Miami AD Shawn Eichorst resigns, moves on to Nebraska

2:23PM EST October 4. 2012 - CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Shawn Eichorst is leaving his job as athletic director at scandal-ridden Miami for Nebraska, where he accepted a five-year contract to succeed Tom Osborne and oversee the Cornhuskers' program.

The schools made simultaneous announcements Thursday, and for Miami, Eichorst's departure comes at a particularly curious time - with the Hurricanes set to play Notre Dame in the rekindling of a huge college football rivalry Saturday and as the school braces to receive potentially crippling NCAA sanctions in the coming months for compliance violations.Former Maine athletics director Blake James will become the acting AD at Miami, filling the role that Eichorst held for just under 18 months.

LINK

USA Today article.

Ik this is naive thinking, but why should i have confidence in someone who can only get 500 people in the stands for football? Ik there are some circumstances at Miami, but damn that's bad.

That is exactly what I was thinking

He was there for one year and the school is in a huge world of hurt with the NCAA for which he had nothing to do with.

He has nothing to do with the poor turnout in football..

does any ad? and could any ad affect NU's turnout? i say 'no' to both those questions.

Sure they can over time. But, no AD is going to turn around attendance at a sporting event in less than one year.

The Florida Marlins won two World Series titles. The Tampa Bay Rays are annual competitors in the AL East. They have awful attendance, even despite moving the Marlins to a new stadium in Miami with a BIG UGLY HOME RUN FOUNTAIN! What more do people in Florida want/need? Eichorst has nothing to do with their bandwagoning. Unless he could have gotten LeBron James some eligibility for football.

• Fire 1

I really am interested in knowing why guys like Jimmy Williams Paul Meyers were not considered. We will never know but honestly, I thought this was probably why Jimmy was brought here in the first place.

I honestly think it's because those two are so good at what they are doing, that they cant be moved to a different position. Paul Meyers is the heart and soul of the athletic department fundraising.