New wrinkle for fans to be unveiled - towels for 50th sellout anniversary

If the geezers cant yell, then they can wave their towels damnit.

In all reality, they will probably put something on the field of put patches on the jersey. Woo. I know the students have been told to bring their towels to this game too.

We'll see how many actually bring towels. I know it could be expensive but it would be cool to have a different towel, maybe white.

If not, I'm bringing mine

Two milestones stand out this season:

-- 50 years since sellout streak began

-- 850 wins (with #850 coming against Wisconsin)

But another neat little story that should be discussed this week considering the opponent is that in Devaney's 2nd game as NU HC, he took the Huskers to Ann Arbor and beat Michigan in front of 70,000 people. That happened 9-29-1962. 50 years and almost one month to the day when we play Michigan this weekend.

I want the black rags all over the stadium for this one. That would be kickass. 100% redout, with black rags.

I really hope that crap doesn't catch on.

The Sea of Red trumps "power towels" every time.

Really? I thought the black flags against Wisconsin were intimidating, and awesome.... It would be a nice addition to the crowd, and wouldn't affect any of our other traditions....

There's nothing intimidating, or awesome, or powerful about "power towels".

I want the black rags all over the stadium for this one. That would be kickass. 100% redout, with black rags.

Really? I thought the black flags against Wisconsin were intimidating, and awesome.... It would be a nice addition to the crowd, and wouldn't affect any of our other traditions....

Tell that to Ron Prince!

Exactly! nothing is more intimidating than 80,000 blue hairs sitting down.

Every fan that attends the Michigan will get to vote after the game on whether or not Bo Pelini should be fired.

Dude, you spew negativity in every thread you comment in, it's getting old and you're being a borderline troll. You can have your opinion, but you are saying the same thing over-and-over again and putting it in A LOT of threads. Get over it............

• Fire 1

New wrinkle for the fans....hmmmm....

Linky http://www.huskers.c...2&DB_OEM_ID=100

Nebraska and Michigan don’t need alternate uniforms to make this match-up any more special than it already is. Nebraska will, however, unveil a new wrinkle later in the week that will help Big Red fans celebrate their own milestone.

How about if we come out sharp and execute right away instead of having to make a comeback. That would certainly help ME celebrate our milestone.