Is Taylor Martinez as good as Braxton Miller and Denard Robinson?

Denard has no business being on that list, anyone with equal TDs to INTs or worse shouldn't be sniffing that list unless they have some other ungodly numbers. Not to mention he's choked in more big games this year than Taylor, and Taylor hardly even choked against OSU.

catch him if you can.

Dennard can be electrifying...but he hasn't shown much against solid competition...

Denard has no business being on that list, anyone with equal TDs to INTs or worse shouldn't be sniffing that list unless they have some other ungodly numbers. Not to mention he's choked in more big games this year than Taylor, and Taylor hardly even choked against OSU.

catch him if you can.

But when you do, he leaves injured.

According to these statistics, Taylor definitely deserves to be one of the two BIG qb's on the semifinalist list. Taylor's at least as good if not better than Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville or Marcus Mariotta of Oregon (although Mariotta can scoot!)

I'd take Taylor over Shoelace or Braxton Miller.

I just find it odd that you ask if he is as good at the other B1G QB's, but then gone on to say that he is a good a Bridgewater or Mariotta. Bridgewater is a different type of QB, but I would take Mariotta in two seconds.

That being said, as long as Taylor keeps the 'happy feet' away, I'm more than happy with him.

I imagine how Taylor would be if he had an offensive line that followed assignments and didn't back him up so much in 3rd and long with penalties. Imagine how Taylor would be behind some of the lines we had in the 90's.

Good point. I'm also impressed that Martinez put up better numbers with a tougher SOS than Michigan. And I was totally surprised he threw fewer INTs than Miller or Robinson. I have been definitely taking his contributions for granted.

They played Alabama.

Numbers don't mean much. These running QBs have some lame numbers at times. And Taylor got some good stats going there against Southern Miss, Arky State and Idaho State. Dennard was victimized by what appears to be pretty darn good defenses in Alabama, Notre Dame and Michigan State. Point is that if Dennard has that moment on Saturday like the one Braxton had vs the Blackshirts.... well, I guess the question will be.... Is the game over now? Or is NU going to actually get up off the canvas and fight back?

College Football awards are a joke anymore. It was neat seeing Suh win everything and it seemed justified, but my perception of awards was flushed down the toilet when Alex Henery was snubbed from the Lou Groza Finalist. These awards are all about flavor of the month and so on. I rarely pay attention to them anymore.

• Fire 1

catch him if you can.

Robinson is a terrific athlete, but he will quickly be forgotten as a QB.... In fact, outside of the B1G he is probably already forgotten.

I think Miller deserves to be on this list, Robinson no. What gets Robinson so much play is his personality. He is great in front of the camera. We all know TM isn't. I really do think he is just a shy dude who is not comfortable in that situation. He has gotten way better at it but is still nothing close to a natural. Miller is ok in front of the camera but not as good as DR.

Do I think TM is one of the 15 best QB's in the country. Yes I do.

• Fire 1
These running QBs have some lame numbers at times. And Taylor got some good stats going there against Southern Miss, Arky State and Idaho State. Dennard was victimized by what appears to be pretty darn good defenses in Alabama, Notre Dame and Michigan State.

Denard put up his stats against Purdue, UMASS, Airforce, and Illinois.

/yawn

• Fire 1

College Football awards are a joke anymore. It was neat seeing Suh win everything and it seemed justified, but my perception of awards was flushed down the toilet when Alex Henery was snubbed from the Lou Groza Finalist. These awards are all about flavor of the month and so on. I rarely pay attention to them anymore.

I posted this 2 years ago. the Groza award is voted on by your conference coaches. The Big 12 was in no way going to allow a Husker to walk out of the conference with another award. I got a nice email from the person who runs the program, although they were apologetic and thanked me for my question, it did come down to conference coach votes.

Not so, according to the Davey O'Brien semifinalist list. I think he was snubbed. Taylor means as much to his team as both Braxton and Denard.

Braxton Stats so far: Passing 59% 1384 yds 11 TD's 5 INT's. Rushing 959 yds 10 TD's.

Shoelace: Passing 53% 1264 yds 9 TD's 9 INT's. Rushing 900 yds 6 TD's.

Taylor: Passing 67% 1615 yds 15 TD's 4 INT's. Rushng 403 yds 6 TD's.

According to these statistics, Taylor definitely deserves to be one of the two BIG qb's on the semifinalist list. Taylor's at least as good if not better than Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville or Marcus Mariotta of Oregon (although Mariotta can scoot!)

Here is a list of the other semifinalists:

http://blog.daveyobr...-semifinalists/

What do you guys think?

If you are asking who is the better all round QB, its Taylor Martinez. If your asking who is the better athlete, then its not Taylor Martinez.

Not so, according to the Davey O'Brien semifinalist list. I think he was snubbed. Taylor means as much to his team as both Braxton and Denard.

Braxton Stats so far: Passing 59% 1384 yds 11 TD's 5 INT's. Rushing 959 yds 10 TD's.

Shoelace: Passing 53% 1264 yds 9 TD's 9 INT's. Rushing 900 yds 6 TD's.

Taylor: Passing 67% 1615 yds 15 TD's 4 INT's. Rushng 403 yds 6 TD's.

Here is a list of the other semifinalists:

http://blog.daveyobr...-semifinalists/

What do you guys think?

If you are asking who is the better all round QB, its Taylor Martinez. If your asking who is the better athlete, then its not Taylor Martinez.

It's pretty close.... No doubt that Robinson has some wiggle, but T-Magic is one helluva athlete....