SIGNED CB Boaz Joseph

Ed Helms

I'm hoping this years class includes at least 2 true CB's. As of now I don't think we have even one. We should be alright for next year but after that we don't have an abundance of guys who can play the position. Yes we have a few guys recruited as athletes who might fill in the blanks but I'm a little uncomfortable with recruiting "athletes" because it seems they bounce around from one position to another and never find a true place.

I'm hoping this years class includes at least 2 true CB's. As of now I don't think we have even one. We should be alright for next year but after that we don't have an abundance of guys who can play the position. Yes we have a few guys recruited as athletes who might fill in the blanks but I'm a little uncomfortable with recruiting "athletes" because it seems they bounce around from one position to another and never find a true place.

Not sure how narrow you are talking with "true" CBs but I believe Dixon will go there so that is one for this class.

In 2014 we will have Josh Mitchell, Jonathan Rose and potentially Charles Jackson if we find some other safties. Not a lot of bodies but we also have another year-and-a-half to see how some other develop (Davie, Wade, etc.).

Not sure how narrow you are talking with "true" CBs but I believe Dixon will go there so that is one for this class.

In 2014 we will have Josh Mitchell, Jonathan Rose and potentially Charles Jackson if we find some other safties. Not a lot of bodies but we also have another year-and-a-half to see how some other develop (Davie, Wade, etc.).

Dixon was told he will be starting at WR- not saying the move isn't possible, just that he isn't necessarily a true CB.

I guess that is why I'm a bit unnerved. Dixon who is a really good athlete will begin his career at WR and then one high ankle sprain and a blown knee we are suddenly very shallow at CB. He moves over there and does ok but doesn't shine. He gets frustrated after a few azz reamings from Bo and wants to go back to WR but is torn between loyalty to the team and his potential future . I've seen it a number of times which is why I like recruiting guys who want to be the best at CB and love being there.

I guess that is why I'm a bit unnerved. Dixon who is a really good athlete will begin his career at WR and then one high ankle sprain and a blown knee we are suddenly very shallow at CB. He moves over there and does ok but doesn't shine. He gets frustrated after a few azz reamings from Bo and wants to go back to WR but is torn between loyalty to the team and his potential future . I've seen it a number of times which is why I like recruiting guys who want to be the best at CB and love being there.

This makes no sense...

• Fire 1

This makes no sense...

Wow...why don't we just mark him up as a failure because he has options when he's comes in.

There are many success stories that start this way.

I remember a guy named Prince who wanted to be a running back.

I'm not sure why you think I assume he will be a failure. Thats not what I intended to say or mean. There are also stories like Leon Jackson who came in as an athlete but never really found a spot. He was thought to be an excellent athlete with tons of upside. Stanley Batiste was expected to be a good receiver but struggled and moved because we had lack of quality and depth problems at DB. While he has had some good games I don't think he is a natural DB. Maybe if I had said I like a kid with quick hips playing CB who was recruited to play CB instead of a bigger kid who should be playing backup safety or nickel. :B)

I'm not sure why you think I assume he will be a failure. Thats not what I intended to say or mean. There are also stories like Leon Jackson who came in as an athlete but never really found a spot. He was thought to be an excellent athlete with tons of upside. Stanley Batiste was expected to be a good receiver but struggled and moved because we had lack of quality and depth problems at DB. While he has had some good games I don't think he is a natural DB. Maybe if I had said I like a kid with quick hips playing CB who was recruited to play CB instead of a bigger kid who should be playing backup safety or nickel. :B)

I get what you're trying to say, but let's not sell short the importance of a good/great nickel CB. Evans more than saved our butts a few times this season, as did Gomes, as did Hagg when he was Peso/Nickel.

In today's football, there are almost always 3 WRs on most plays that aren't obvious run downs. You need three CBs to cover them.

Let's not sell this kid short. It sounds more like an issue for the coaching staff. He is a natural athlete with versatility, so if he comes on board, he should be vetted at a couple of positions of need and see where he shines.

Let's not sell this kid short. It sounds more like an issue for the coaching staff. He is a natural athlete with versatility, so if he comes on board, he should be vetted at a couple of positions of need and see where he shines.

I am on board with this kid. I'll agree your points makes good sense.