DT Lavon Hooks [Ole Miss Commit]

Ed Helms

Peko is a distant fourth from Johnson (healthy) Russell, and hooks. Russell is the best chance of any of them. And I really like hooks. But he ain't leaving the south.

I find it interesting that Sam McKewon seems to be highest on Peko. I winder if hat is his own opinion or if he feels that way because of what the 247 staff is feeding him.

The Tennessee guy decommitted, so lets get this Lavon, Bradley, and redshirt Johnson. The year after Johnson redshirts (2014), we could Johnson as an anchor to help Aaron Curry and Vince Valentine get ready to take over on the line. While using Lavon and Bradley as anchors for the year before. We could have a real good rotation of d-lineman next year and the year after.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy on 24/7 says Hooks is close to commiting to Ole Miss.

Well kind of, he also said ASU was his leader last week, and had a great visit here. Hes kind of all over the place, but it wouldnt surprise me if the SEC pull gets him.

We really need this kid badly. Just watched the Iowa game from Friday and Cam is getting demolished inside.

To me, this is a very easy pitch. Show him all the D-Linemen Bo and Kaczenski have put in the league. Show him everyone that we have returning next year, offense and defense. Show him our favorable schedule next year. Then simple tell him, "We are banking on you signing with us and competing for a national championship next year. Can Ole Miss say that?" Get Terry Joseph and Rick Kaczenski out to him and show him that we need him.