Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

Say what you want about Dirk's articles but he's the only one who gets into Bo's ass and has the balls to ask serious questions. He gets to the point and sometimes he might be "out of line" but i'd rather have that then a bunch of timid reporters.

But he'll never have the guts to do outside a presser, bo would beat his twirpy snotty ass. Dirk is f'ing brat. plain and simple.

Now that that's off my chest, this sentence may very well be true. The part about not being good enough is pure speculation, but is an eery thought, becuase at this point it is true.

Ok but this isnt a boxing match. Bo gets paid millions of dollars to coach a football team. You give up 70 points to a mediocre team, you should be asked some hard pressed questions. It's unacceptable. He's a stubborn man who needs a dose of his own medicine. If he doesn't change, then the hard pressed questions shouldn't either.

On the other side of the coin, Dirk gets paid to do a job as well and he is drastically sh**ty at it. If he can more or less call for Bo's head and grand stand like the media has which is why TO even got angry with them, then why can't anyone call for Dirk's job? I use Dirk's articles line my couch in my garage.

Sam McQweon (spelling?) in my personal opinion is a good journalist.

I understand but calling for a reporters job compared to a millionaire's job is different. I'm not saying Dirk is great at what he does but without him twisting the knife a little bit, we would get nothing out of Bo. NOTHING. Dirk is the only one that makes Bo feel the pressure and the fan's voice. The rest of the guys are too soft. I'm sure the media is incredibly annoying and pressure mounts as a football coach. Still, at the end of the day, Bo goes home with 3 million dollars and incentives on the way. You lose in the fashion that Nebraska has, Bo deserves to be hassled and bothered. If sitting through crummy articles and "out of line" statements is what it takes to get a hard pressed question here and there, then I'm all for it.

+1 Vince, could not agree with you more.

In my opinion, one of the most frustrating things about the Pelini era is that you get the sense that Bo is really not held accountable in almost any capacity from anyone. It's as if he has this inherent "pass" with regard to the product he puts on the field because..well..it's the "Nebraska way", it took TO 20 years, Bo should get the same, etc. and the minute anyone really questions his tenure, they are immediately ridiculed and met with incredulous reactions; at some point that culture needs to be broken or this program risks slipping further down the rabbit hole until 1 day be it 5, 10, 15 or 20 years from now people stop look around and ask themselves "jesus, what the hell happened".

Patriots fan actually. It's a process though. At least we're making the CCGs. More improvement and we'll start winning them. We could be in a lot worse shape than we are now.

We don't know if Bo can get us over the hump but we don't know if Bo is doomed to be stuck here either. Dirk's point sounds good but it isn't very.

I completely agree with you about it being a process...

But I want to the team progress, instead of regress.

Problem in college football, team turnover happens every year as we graduate guys. We've graduated several classes in a row of studs, and we've come up empty on the reload in places. It's a challenge just to stay afloat. With better classes, we'll do it.

How confident are you we are going to land better classes? Its has not happened yet. its somewhere in the 20's every year, at this point its the 30's for this class last I saw. Bill Snyder might be able to get away with that, but we can't.

The bolded comes from someone who doesn't follow recruiting. We have a nice forum set up for it. Read it. That is all.

I make visits there. However 'being in on' is not the same as 'getting'

And history is not open for debate. Thus far Pelini is 20's rankings recruiter.

If you think what went down in Indy helped recruiting...

In the late 1970s they wanted to fire Tom Osborne. In the late 80s all of Nebraska was calling for Charlie McBride's head.

I get that the OWH needs to sell newspapers. And that's a great three sentences by Dirk. But to pronounce that Bo cannot get it done is silly.

Let's not get carried away because someone came up with a great line. Bo is still the shark. Dirk is still the remora eating the crumbs from Bo's gills.

• Fire 1

I don't think it's about stars or rankings or anything so much as it is about year-round effort and not missing out on all our top targets because of lack of it.

This year, the offseason was a marked improvement. In-season I don't know. I think there is some reason to be optimistic about recruiting, but the effort and pulling out all the stops year round is what counts -- wins and losses not even that much.

Should be abundantly clear to recruits around the nation that this defensive guru here in Nebraska needs all the talent he can get right now.

Above is a quote, having an issue with my iPad!!

You are right. History isn't up for debate as my feelings about certain recruiting class and specific kids are well documented. The 2011 class was ranked 15th which was a monster class of football players. The 2012 class only had 17 guys in it. Thus keeping us in the 20s because the team rankings are based on your top 19 guys IIRC. My thoughts on the 2008 and 2009 classes are well documented.

Next, if you read our forums, which I encourage you to do and would enjoy your opinions, you will find out that there are many more things than just one game that these kids decide on.

In the late 1970s they wanted to fire Tom Osborne. In the late 80s all of Nebraska was calling for Charlie McBride's head.

I get that the OWH needs to sell newspapers. And that's a great three sentences by Dirk. But to pronounce that Bo cannot get it done is silly.

Let's not get carried away because someone came up with a great line. Bo is still the shark. Dirk is still the remora eating the crumbs from Bo's gills.

Could it be argued that without people calling for McBride's head that no changes would have occurred? Without criticism would the coaching staff have sought advise and started recruiting speed on defense which was key to a few NC's? I don't think it entirely unproductive to criticize the coaching staff. It's difficult to criticize Bo's performance overall given the 9+ wins the past 5 seasons but these blowouts do concern me. Something isn't right.

It's not conference championship game purgatory. It's "turnovers, penalties, poor game-planning, poor fundamentals, poor technique" purgatory. Sure, our team was resilient this year, but they were also lucky. We were roughly 4 or 5 plays from being 6-6.

Wisconsin missed a field goal and an extra point in their first game against us.

Northwestern dropped 2 interceptions on our winning drive.

At Michigan State, we got a lucky pass interference call.

Against Penn State, we got lucky on the goal line fumble.

Think about that for a second. The ball bounces the other way on those plays, coupled with the embarrassing loss to Ohio State and horrific defensive performance against UCLA - Bo would have been fired last week.

I'm not sure everyone completely understands just how fragile the program is right now.

Added Michigan. For some reason, Hoke decided to use a rookie named Bellomy, equal to Joe Bauserman, instead of Devon Gardner for injured Shoelace.

And Iowa too. Luckily Whaley's interception.

Say what you want about Dirk's articles but he's the only one who gets into Bo's ass and has the balls to ask serious questions. He gets to the point and sometimes he might be "out of line" but i'd rather have that then a bunch of timid reporters.

But he'll never have the guts to do outside a presser, bo would beat his twirpy snotty ass. Dirk is f'ing brat. plain and simple.

Now that that's off my chest, this sentence may very well be true. The part about not being good enough is pure speculation, but is an eery thought, becuase at this point it is true.

Ok but this isnt a boxing match. Bo gets paid millions of dollars to coach a football team. You give up 70 points to a mediocre team, you should be asked some hard pressed questions. It's unacceptable. He's a stubborn man who needs a dose of his own medicine. If he doesn't change, then the hard pressed questions shouldn't either.

Wisconsin is a mediocre team? haven't lost a game by more than 7 points all year and took OSU into overime?

uhh ok- Wisconsin is a better team than everyone here seems to think it is

Wisconsin is a mediocre team? haven't lost a game by more than 7 points all year and took OSU into overime?

uhh ok- Wisconsin is a better team than everyone here seems to think it is

We have 10 wins and had 6 come back wins but we're a mediocre to good team. Yes, Wisconsin is a mediocre team. Ohio St is not elite by any stretch of the imagination. Ohio St would probably throw up a goose egg against alabama. Hell they might not even score a touchdown against LSU. Wisconsin improved as the season went on but thats all you can say.

Knapplc...that is so funny that you said that. I was having the exact conversation with a Husker fan the other day. He was having a meltdown and wanted to clean house. Folks don't remember how Osborne almost got ran outta town and the McBride situation. It was mediocre for a while. We could never beat the Florida teams. We were too slow, the game had passed us by...blah blah blah. I am glad folks on this board aren't in the decision making process. Look, someone posted we were close to being a 7-5 team......hell, coulda shoulda woulda.....that's football...other teams got breaks against us too.

It's not conference championship game purgatory. It's "turnovers, penalties, poor game-planning, poor fundamentals, poor technique" purgatory. Sure, our team was resilient this year, but they were also lucky. We were roughly 4 or 5 plays from being 6-6.

Wisconsin missed a field goal and an extra point in their first game against us.

Northwestern dropped 2 interceptions on our winning drive.

At Michigan State, we got a lucky pass interference call.

Against Penn State, we got lucky on the goal line fumble.

Think about that for a second. The ball bounces the other way on those plays, coupled with the embarrassing loss to Ohio State and horrific defensive performance against UCLA - Bo would have been fired last week.

I'm not sure everyone completely understands just how fragile the program is right now.

Added Michigan. For some reason, Hoke decided to use a rookie named Bellomy, equal to Joe Bauserman, instead of Devon Gardner for injured Shoelace.

And Iowa too. Luckily Whaley's interception.

it is not luck when it becomes a pattern.

this team is a few tweaks away from being great. people need perspective and patience. no one likes to get blown out, but we are still a 10-4 team that won their division. we are not perfect. when we lose, we lose badly. i am not sure why that is, but i am will to accept these losses rather than lost seasons. especially when i am completely confident that, overall, this team is improving.