Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

Using some of our own arguements, what if Georgia does not want to play this game, (Washington). If they play lack luster and we win, will it be good enough with just the win or are you going to be looking how we compete. If we feel both are giving 110 percent.

I will be happy with a win, close fought or even a loss that shows improvement from what we have shown against high ranked opponents lately. I know there is no real way to tell. Most say Richt plays down to competition, fails to get the most out of his players every game. It seems similar to Bo to me.

I think this is the toughest game we will have this year, by far the best opponent as far as ranking. I would love to see the seniors leave a winner, and I think this game has to be a major improvement over the CCG to gain any momentum for next season.

I don't buy the losing because you don't want to be there. No player wants to end the season with a loss. NU lost to Washington because Washington watched film of Big 12 teams shutting down Watson's offense, and Watson couldn't adjust. The NU defense gave up fewer points in the bowl than they did in the regular season game despite the pathetic offensive performance.

I don't buy the losing because you don't want to be there. No player wants to end the season with a loss. NU lost to Washington because Washington watched film of Big 12 teams shutting down Watson's offense, and Watson couldn't adjust. The NU defense gave up fewer points in the bowl than they did in the regular season game despite the pathetic offensive performance.

Not in the least bit true. There's a reason we have a sports psychologist on staff. That Husker team was better than Washington and we got drilled because he had ZERO interest in playing that game.

• Fire 1

Not in the least bit true. There's a reason we have a sports psychologist on staff. That Husker team was better than Washington and we got drilled because he had ZERO interest in playing that game.

Then why did the defense perform better than the 1st game? I guess only the offense had zero interest in playing the game?

I agree, it really means nothing to me. I am not concerned about he past, only the future. His record is what it is. We played some that moved up in the rankings and others that moved down. It really means nothing. The only thing that is important now, is can we beat a highly ranked Georgia team? Can we make it a game, or will it be another rout.

I think there are chances of it being a good game. I do not see us running up the score, if we win it will be close or it will be a serious ass kicking. Bama was not able to put a lot of points up on this team, and only won because a pass was completed short, time ran out on the 4 yard line. This is a good team.

But will they be interested in playing us. I can not imagine that, but some say it happens. I am 65 years old and still look forward to every competition I enter. If your competitive drive is ebb and flow, then your not really driven by the sport.. Of course that is just my oppinion. No facts or hard data to back it up by any means.

I am anxious for this game to be played. I want to see how we stack up against a top SEC team, or at least one that gets credit for being top of the ladder. SC was a good team, but not considered the power that Georgia is. If we could win it would give the Big Ten some respect for sure.

Then why did the defense perform better than the 1st game? I guess only the offense had zero interest in playing the game?

Because you could have grown rice on that field in San Diego that December. Hard to run an offense when you're literally playing in ankle deep mud.

Because you could have grown rice on that field in San Diego that December. Hard to run an offense when you're literally playing in ankle deep mud.

Those conditions benefit an Offense as they know where the ball is going and the defense has to react and change direction in a rice patty field

Those conditions benefit an Offense as they know where the ball is going and the defense has to react and change direction in a rice patty field

This explains all the 55-49 games I've seen in torrential downpours.

• Fire 1
Torrential downpour is a bit different than a soggy field. Not going to argue with you because it is stupid to argue over. Just stating it is harder on a defense to read and react on a soggy field.

Noted. Your intentional contrarian views on this bored are incredibly tiresome anyway.

I think most people have gotten numb about expectations since we haven't won a conference in more than 10 years. We only won the Big 12 twice. I wouldn't expect us to always win the conference but i don't see why every year we can't contend for it. I'm with you that expectations have gotten too low for a lot of posters and as long as we win 9-10 games and go to a bowl they seem content. That would be ok for a school that hasn't won national titles a lot or even wins the conference but at a school that has 5 national titles the stakes are much higher for the coaches to perform and specially since all the coaches will be compared to TO.

The reason most of us are still a little butthurt is the fact that we played the third best team from the other division and just got taken behind the shed and abused over and over again. This was our best chance to win a conference championship in a long time and possibly in the near future. I have a gut feeling Meyer is going to be Bo's Switzer to TO.

You know why Wisconsin won? they play power football and they mixed it up with some trickery. We play finesse football and when things aren't going well then that's why we get the ass kickings we do. Power football is what top teams run. They never give up on the run, they wear down most opponents, they give their defense a breather, they rarely get blown out. hmm.... i remember US running this during the 90's and during the 09 and 10 seasons. Those two seasons under Bo were the most succcessful he's had. Also Martinez seemed to break long runs 2-4 times a game then more than once a game now. Mabye Bo needs to go back to the offense scheme that got him were he his today and why we thought better days were ahead of us at the point in time.

Oregon is a power running team?

tOSU?

I could go on a bit - I think when Burkhead was healthy, he ran a bit of "power" and since you didn't clearly define power, I'd like to challenge the term as well as another one people here seem to be using- "finesse" is finesse defined as a few QB read option plays? or is it a Tighend finding a soft spot in the middle of the field in zone cover? not sure other than a little blocking that might be called finesse in nature, how we've become a "finesse" offense.

Wisconsin won because they ran to the corners, with some mis-direction, and having had 3 weeks to look over film from the OSU and to some extent the UCLA games, it was only when we "adjusted" to the 7 man lines and off-tackle runs, did they have any sucess in their, as you call it, "power" game- which I guess, you'd call runs between the tackles

So you are saying the NU offense played bad because of field conditions not because they had "ZERO" interest in playing the game?

So you are saying the NU offense played bad because of field conditions not because they had "ZERO" interest in playing the game?

No. I'm giving reasons why UW's offense didnt run wild.

Did someone actually argue that Nebraska needs to get back to the offense we ran in the '09 and '10 seasons (two very different offenses by the way - with the '09 offense among the worst in Husker history)?

Did somone actually accuse our current offense - one of the best rushing offenses in the nation - of being a "finesse" offense?

We do play power football. We also pass the football. It's a pretty cool offensive weapon and helps set up the power running game.

Did someone actually argue that Nebraska needs to get back to the offense we ran in the '09 and '10 seasons (two very different offenses by the way - with the '09 offense among the worst in Husker history)?

Did somone actually accuse our current offense - one of the best rushing offenses in the nation - of being a "finesse" offense?

We do play power football. We also pass the football. It's a pretty cool offensive weapon and helps set up the power running game.

Thing is... those people don't have a clue. Nebraska has a dang good offense and they should only be better next year.