Nebraska vs. #13 Creighton 12/6/12

Nebula

Just back from the BOB and have to agree with most of the posts.

I expected a 20 point loss because Creighton is that much better right now.  (for us to have won, we'd have to have shot lights out...instead of the worst shooting night of the year)

We are just short on scorers. Prime example they don't even guard Peltz because he won't/can't shoot. Basically 4 on 5.  Not a knock on him, he's scrappy and works, he's just not an offensive threat.

I have always thought both McDermots were class acts and tonight didn't change that, however, some of their fan base is a little "entitled"

I also have to say they are the worst "floppers" as a team I've ever witnessed.Great crowd though.

From the little I watched of this game I feel that Miles is a playmaker or two from having a respectable squad that the fans will show up and enjoy watching. Holding Creighton to 64 points is something to be happy with just need a few guys who can makes things happen on the offensive side when hit a slump like we so often do.

That will be their lowest total all season.

Agreed. Nebraska still shows that up in your face defense they played when Doc was around but like I stated before MIles just needs those couple playmakers and things will really begin to turn around for this program.

On the right path. Miles is a good coach. Just a matter of time.

Miles has everything he needs facility wise. Once he starts winning games the fans will come. I have always been a huge UNC fan but have always wanted a good Nebraska Basketball program to root for. Hopefully he can get things turned around. Would be great for the state to have a rivalry and a good one with Nebraska vs Creighton

Horrendous officiating, but it wouldn't matter anyways. Creighton is the better team and was the better team tonight.

Was good to see both teams and coaches get after it. The fans fueled the fire. If Miles and McDermott find success (continue success) we may have a sweet rivalry on our hands.

What the hell was the T for?

McDermitt tossed the ball into the air (no one touched it if I recall) as he was dribbling and then caught it and dribbled some more and made a shot- Miles went nuts and was called for the T... I believe the refs made the correct call. Yo can catch your own air ball on a shot and put it back up.

Almeda needs to be able to play more minutes- I know the guy slimmed down a bit from previous year (2010) but we will have lots of trouble in conference play without his presence on the inside. The game was pretty sloppy on both sides of the ball and it was great to see the Bob with a large crowd again. There was a fight at mid-court between Pleetz and I think Gibbs for Creighton. The two of them threw actual punches at each other (looked like UFC when they hug each other) for about 20 seconds. That was probably the highlight of the game

McDermitt tossed the ball into the air (no one touched it if I recall) as he was dribbling and then caught it and dribbled some more and made a shot- Miles went nuts and was called for the T... I believe the refs made the correct call. Yo can catch your own air ball on a shot and put it back up.

No you can not.

I watched the game on my new 27 inch iMac, ESPN3 live. My analysis is as follows:

1. NU does not have any talent!

2. Their lack of foot speed and quickness is glaring.

3. They lack defensive savvy.

4. They do not have a scoring threat (inside or outside) and cannot score.

5. They do not possess poise in difficult situations.

6. They did a surprising job of rebounding, despite not being very physical.

7. The lack of post play on offense is extreme.

8. Because of the lack of talent, they have very few offensive sets and options.

9. Revert to observation number 1.

10. Revert to observation number 1 and 9.

Now, the question remains, will the new head coach be able to recruit, teach basketball and get this program to improve. He has a monumental job ahead of him.

I watched the game on my new 27 inch iMac, ESPN3 live. My analysis is as follows:

8. Because of the lack of talent, they have very few offensive sets and options.

Now, the question remains, will the new head coach be able to recruit, teach basketball and get this program to improve. He has a monumental job ahead of him.

Did you watch them last season? We have already improved from last season. When watching Miles you actually see him coaching and teaching players. Gallegos has out of nowhere found confidence in his shot. Miles has signed 3 players that are top 30 at their respected positions. We have 2 BCS transfers eligible next season and a JUCO AA PG redshirting.

You will be impressed with Miles guaranteed

• Fire 1

Did you watch them last season? We have already improved from last season. When watching Miles you actually see him coaching and teaching players. Gallegos has out of nowhere found confidence in his shot. Miles has signed 3 players that are top 30 at their respected positions. We have 2 BCS transfers eligible next season and a JUCO AA PG redshirting.

You will be impressed with Miles guaranteed

I actually agree with you on this one lol.

Miles is doing a great turnaround for this program, and if we were that horrible from your "observation", then we should have more than a two loss season. Its like you actually thought we would win this game. I don't think defense did bad at all as Creighton only scored 64 freaking points.

No you can not.

I hate to play devils advocate because I hate the scumbags from creighton, but yes, you can. The rule was changed a few years ago. And that is not even what happened. Mcdermott drove and tried to draw contact but just looked like an idiot and came down, which should be a travel. The ref said that Ubel blocked it out of his hands. Which he didn't, it was a travel, and a middle school level call.

My thoughts after leaving the BOB.

-Creighton is not that good. Nebraska was 10x more physical then them. They will be out by the 3rd round of the tourney.

-No way in hell should Mcdermott be a preseason all american. He got worked all night. His points were backside putbacks and open jumpers. He was getting manhandled IN THE PAINT by our guards. It was hilarious. He really is not that great.

-Creighton's "big man" from venezuela is not all that he is cracked up to be either. He could not make a 1v1 post move on Ubel or Almeaida all night. Also hilarious. Good rebounder though.

-Lots of fight in these skers. Good to see.

-The elbow mike peltz dropped on that kid in scrum was one for the ages. Surprised the kid got up.

-Almedia really gave me more hope tonight. Im usually pretty hard on him but he worked his ass off. That dunk was a monster. It's a shame he couldn't get more opportunities to work venezuela.

Unless Creighton reloads a good amount and gets a real good big, this series could turn Nebraska's way starting very soon, I think. Creighton is not that good.

-Creighton is not that good. Nebraska was 10x more physical then them. They will be out by the 3rd round of the tourney.

-No way in hell should Mcdermott be a preseason all american. He got worked all night. His points were backside putbacks and open jumpers. He was getting manhandled IN THE PAINT by our guards. It was hilarious. He really is not that great.

-Creighton's "big man" from venezuela is not all that he is cracked up to be either. He could not make a 1v1 post move on Ubel or Almeaida all night. Also hilarious. Good rebounder though.

-The elbow mike peltz dropped on that kid in scrum was one for the ages. Surprised the kid got up.

-Almedia really gave me more hope tonight. Im usually pretty hard on him but he worked his ass off. That dunk was a monster. It's a shame he couldn't get more opportunities to work venezuela.

Unless Creighton reloads a good amount and gets a real good big, this series could turn Nebraska's way starting very soon, I think. Creighton is not that good.

Could not agree more with this point. I have never been impressed with his skill set and I think he flourishes due to the conference he plays in.

I didn't get to see the game last night, but, he has been doing this all year.