DE Antoine Miles [Purdue Commit]

jsneb83

Seams like a DT project. This quote from him doesn't get me terribly excited, but welcome aboard nonetheless!

"A couple of things didn't go my way with Cincinnati and it didn't go the way I planned it, so they (Nebraska) came in and talked to me and I figured this could be my last shot. I was very interested in them and I went ahead and took their offer"

Let's put that quote from Bo's point of view.

"A couple of things didn't go my way with Kyle Shortridge, Donovan Munger etc. and it didn't go the way I planned it, so he(Antoine Miles) came up and we talked to him an dI figured this could be my last shot. I was very interested in him and I went ahead and offered him a scholarship."

Just because neither was the other's first option doesn't mean you can't be excited how it might turn out.

Well said

His Junior highlight video looked pretty good. Seems to have good lateral movement and is using his hands pretty well for a high school player. However, we still NEED to get in some good JUCO DT's this period. Toby, Russell, Hooks I really want but sounds like a longshot, Bradley, etc. We are on some very good ones and hopefully we can pull in 2-3 of them.

A bit under the radar, but let's hope it works out and welcome to the family.

Let's not get ourselves in a "Well, let's take whoever we can get because we're scrambling and our DL depth sucks" attitude, posters. Let's not forget Bo had to do this his first class here the year Cally was fired, and it often leads to taking players who aren't actually worth a scholly just in order to meet some quota. I'd rather not.

Not that Miles is that way. A few decent offers in his list. I'm just saying, in general, that is not a good idea.