DE Antoine Miles [Purdue Commit]

jsneb83

I am not to concerned about his speed especially if he plays inside, if he is strong enough he can be the type of tackle that can fill the gap and open things up for the LB's and DE. he sheds blocks with ease so he looks to be a strong kid! it's another Ohio kid for Bo so lets hope he turns out to be legit!!! Welcome to the Husker Family!!!

We also offered his teammate Eric Glover-Williams. A 2015 ATH, who will be one of the most sought after players in that years class.

I would love to have this kid in our 2015 class! Looking at his film he is a beast and thats as a Sophmore! Great vision and cutback speed! sets up his blockers!!! Also on Defense he doesnt look scared to come up and hit someone!! Hopefully we get on him early!! Also Rivals says that we are the first to offer him.

Here is a lil taste of his video since I didn't see a 2015 section:

What makes me worry about this commit a little bit is the fact that he didn't exactly dominate the OL on his highlight tape. And he has a long ways to go to be big enough to play the DT position effectively.

They will probably just do to him what they did to Meredith and Todd Peat and tell him to eat a bunh of fatty foods so all his weight goes straight to his gut....

What makes me worry about this commit a little bit is the fact that he didn't exactly dominate the OL on his highlight tape. And he has a long ways to go to be big enough to play the DT position effectively.

They will probably just do to him what they did to Meredith and Todd Peat and tell him to eat a bunh of fatty foods so all his weight goes straight to his gut....

The weight thing IS a little concerning, considering we've seen how poorly the underweight DT has worked for us so far this season...

I have to wonder if he can stay there long term. Time will tell.

Stole one from the big boys here. What a coup.........

I wouldn't exactly say that we stole one, his three biggest offers besides ours were Cincinnati, West Virginia and Pitt. I think time will tell if he's a steal or not.

:sarcasm

I get it now. Looks like the sarcasm sign was a post too late.

he'd probable have to redshirt because of his size right? a year with dobson in the weight room and learning the defense hopefully he can contribute of the field as soon as possible as a (rs)freshman

He's definitely going to be on the 5 year plan. I wouldn't expect much from him anytime soon.

he'd probable have to redshirt because of his size right? a year with dobson in the weight room and learning the defense hopefully he can contribute of the field as soon as possible as a (rs)freshman

He's definitely going to be on the 5 year plan. I wouldn't expect much from him anytime soon.

as long as he contributes eventually i'll be happy

For those freaking out about his 40 time, as others have said it is just an eye stat. It means jack. And it is the last thing I look at in regards to linemen because you know they are sprinting that far ask if the time. The more important figure to look at is his shuttle time. You know the pro agility test. Bursts of speed mixed with change of direction, a little more relating to the position than a 40.

Now that figure is 4.58. Pretty good for a lineman. For comparative purposes a fairly good DT that played here had a shuttle totime coming out of Oregon ran a 4.94. And he only had 16 pounds on Miles coming out of high school.