TE Brandon Vandenburg

Ed Helms

This doesn't look very good, but I don't have any problem with this.

Maybe we had an idea that he was going to commit somewhere else. He has had plenty of opportunities to commit to us before. Maybe he was stringing the staff along and they had enough of it.

That's life in recruiting, sometimes things don't work out. Maybe out staff is finally going full SEC and realizing that hey just because a kid plans a visit doesn't mean anything, if you're ready to move on no need to waste anymore of your time or theirs. On to the next one, I wanted Carter over Vandenburg anyway.

Brandon Vandenburg@Vandenburg85

This was less than 3 days before my visit. I find that unorganized and uncalled for, and honestly not the way to recruit or run a program

ouch....

We did this a lot more ethical than others would have. Just be glad it wasn't a day before signing day.

Brandon Vandenburg@Vandenburg85

This was less than 3 days before my visit. I find that unorganized and uncalled for, and honestly not the way to recruit or run a program

ouch....

We did this a lot more ethical than others would have. Just be glad it wasn't a day before signing day.

any info on this? you can PM me if you want

Nah man. Kinda need to read between the lines on this one. Think there are bigger fish to fry.

I hear ya.

I see it as either

1) something threw up a red flag either on film, in the classroom, etc. something turned us off because from everything I could tell, we were ready to take a JUCO TE

2) We have someone we want more that's ready to go.

Even if the SEC is worse doesn't mean it's right (if true). However, I believe the coaches always explain the reality that if someone else commits before you, your out of luck, and I suspect that's what happened here. I don't think they just "pulled" his offer, if you will.

• Fire 1

People are overreacting big time to this. Pulled offers happen. Beck should have called him sooner, but at least they told him before he made a decision. This doesn't mean Nebraska is going to go "SEC" and start oversigning and pulling offers everywhere.

The last time this happened and it was a somewhat significant deal I think was in '09 with the Pennsylvania kid who played FB/C, and if I remember right, he had actually committed and we pulled it.

Recruiting sucks sometimes, but that's just how it is. As others have said, this probably spells good news for someone who would be just as capable as Vandenburg, but would be a true freshman.

People are overreacting big time to this. Pulled offers happen. Beck should have called him sooner, but at least they told him before he made a decision. This doesn't mean Nebraska is going to go "SEC" and start oversigning and pulling offers everywhere.

The last time this happened and it was a somewhat significant deal I think was in '09 with the Pennsylvania kid who played FB/C, and if I remember right, he had actually committed and we pulled it.

Recruiting sucks sometimes, but that's just how it is. As others have said, this probably spells good news for someone who would be just as capable as Vandenburg, but would be a true freshman.

I'm not seeing any overreaction. It just doesn't look good. Especially when "we" do try to claim to be better than the others. I wouldn't mind seeing our niche be that we don't "pull" offers (even if thats not the full story in this case).

I hear ya.

I see it as either

1) something threw up a red flag either on film, in the classroom, etc. something turned us off because from everything I could tell, we were ready to take a JUCO TE

2) We have someone we want more that's ready to go.

Cethan Carter?

That was a whole different deal. Kid did not do some things that the staff let him know he needed to do in order to keep his offer (a lot like a MInter this year) and thus the offer got pulled.

Turns out it was a good decision: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/521710/shawn-bodtmann