Terry Joseph....Alabama

kc, I do understand where we are coming from. However, how often do we condemn the SEC on this board? Yet we want to match them or get close? Seems remarkably inconsistent to me, although I suppose not every single thing they do is evil. How many of those top 10 teams have been rocked by scandal and violations or perceived as dirty and classless by Husker nation? And three of the top ten aren't ranked - certainly not damning evidence, but also very notable.

kc, I do understand where we are coming from. However, how often do we condemn the SEC on this board? Yet we want to match them or get close? Seems remarkably inconsistent to me, although I suppose not every single thing they do is evil. How many of those top 10 teams have been rocked by scandal and violations or perceived as dirty and classless by Husker nation? And three of the top ten aren't ranked - certainly not damning evidence, but also very notable.

Auburn just won a championship 2 years ago, Texas has more wins than almost any program in the last 15 years, and Oklahoma State is the poster child for the theory of buying success in CFB.

And I don't know if I've seen anyone condemn the SEC for paying coaches too much. They certainly started the trend, but it's not something we are going to change. And Nebraska had it's fair share of scandal in the 90's as well. It comes with the success. The vast majority of those teams haven't though. Higher pay is not synonymous for dirty or classless.

It doesn't really matter. We're already doomed. Didn't you read last week that we lost our best and only recruiter to Kentucky? Hell next thing you know Bo will be interviewing for the Jets opening.

I heard he was going with Saban to Cleveland and be his DC. Who know I guess.

It doesn't really matter. We're already doomed. Didn't you read last week that we lost our best and only recruiter to Kentucky? Hell next thing you know Bo will be interviewing for the Jets opening.

A 1 year defensive backs coach at Nebraksa is going to be the DC for an NFL team?!

Zap Brannigan "You must have smoked some bad granola."

A 1 year defensive backs coach at Nebraksa is going to be the DC for an NFL team?!

Zap Brannigan "You must have smoked some bad granola."

swing and a miss

• Fire 2

So where else is it going to be? Where has Bo set our program apart? What's unique about Nebraska?

I've said this before - Nebraska in the 80s/90s was a distinct program that had an identity - a unique and innovative way of doing things. From the psychology aspect, to the roster, to the facilities, to the offense. We were different. Today, we are much like any other program. We copy others, and then fail to execute on it. Our facilities don't stand out.

But what you have to realize is that Nebraska set the standard in TO's days for what a great strength and conditioning program looks like. He also ran practices in a unique and efficient way. Today, everyone else in the nation has advanced and caught up in the strength and conditioning area. Nebraska still has some of the best facilities in the nation, and there has continually been commitment to keeping it that way. Not only in football but other sports as well.

To me, where Bo's team stands out as different than other programs/coaches is the family atmosphere. That's the thing that so many of the recruits and their parents comment on when they speak with Bo or his assistants. They continually say that he is a down-to-earth guy, he tells every recruit that they won't have any promises, but they have an opportunity to play early if they earn it.

The reason that we aren't necessarily blowing recruiting out of the water is because this is Nebraska. When you talk to people in the south, west, or east, they view Nebraska as a big corn field with a university in the middle. That's partly true, but a lot of big city kids refuse to even consider us because of that perception. Or they say it's too cold here. It's just difficult to make a splash in recruiting at Nebraska, whether you choose to believe it or not. With that said, I am more than pleased with last year's class already, and most of those kids haven't seen the field yet. And I have a feeling that this year's class will be the best one Bo has had since he has been here.

• Fire 1

So where else is it going to be? Where has Bo set our program apart? What's unique about Nebraska?

I've said this before - Nebraska in the 80s/90s was a distinct program that had an identity - a unique and innovative way of doing things. From the psychology aspect, to the roster, to the facilities, to the offense. We were different. Today, we are much like any other program. We copy others, and then fail to execute on it. Our facilities don't stand out.

But what you have to realize is that Nebraska set the standard in TO's days for what a great strength and conditioning program looks like. He also ran practices in a unique and efficient way. Today, everyone else in the nation has advanced and caught up in the strength and conditioning area. Nebraska still has some of the best facilities in the nation, and there has continually been commitment to keeping it that way. Not only in football but other sports as well.

To me, where Bo's team stands out as different than other programs/coaches is the family atmosphere. That's the thing that so many of the recruits and their parents comment on when they speak with Bo or his assistants. They continually say that he is a down-to-earth guy, he tells every recruit that they won't have any promises, but they have an opportunity to play early if they earn it.

The reason that we aren't necessarily blowing recruiting out of the water is because this is Nebraska. When you talk to people in the south, west, or east, they view Nebraska as a big corn field with a university in the middle. That's partly true, but a lot of big city kids refuse to even consider us because of that perception. Or they say it's too cold here. It's just difficult to make a splash in recruiting at Nebraska, whether you choose to believe it or not. With that said, I am more than pleased with last year's class already, and most of those kids haven't seen the field yet. And I have a feeling that this year's class will be the best one Bo has had since he has been here.

Stop making sense. It has no place around here.

I honestly don't think we are too far off in recruiting. We are 1-2 difference makers from being consistently top-15, which is all we need. And the family atmosphere is certainly important. I don't know how vastly different that is from other places. My guess is we were miles ahead of an Ohio State/Alabama in that area - but likely similar to many other programs. I just think we have to step WAY outside the box in a number of areas of our program in order to be even close to as successful as we were in the 80's/90's. (consistent top-10 rankings) As you mentioned, we set the standard for a number of areas during that time period. From the S&C, to academic support, to team psychology, to the Xs & Os. That's why Nebraska, with all it's challenges was one of the most successful teams for 20 solid years. But we didn't stay ahead, and we didn't innovate beyond that. We just got into a status quo type of rut. I like where that new performance science program is going, that could give us an edge. And the Huddl software to help learning the playbook is a giant leap. Those are great steps. I think getting the new arena and a solid basketball team will help us. But I still believe we are going to have to separate ourselves somehow, and there needs to be more investment outside of the actual coaching offices for us to be great again.

I honestly don't think we are too far off in recruiting. We are 1-2 difference makers from being consistently top-15, which is all we need. And the family atmosphere is certainly important. I don't know how vastly different that is from other places. My guess is we were miles ahead of an Ohio State/Alabama in that area - but likely similar to many other programs. I just think we have to step WAY outside the box in a number of areas of our program in order to be even close to as successful as we were in the 80's/90's. (consistent top-10 rankings) As you mentioned, we set the standard for a number of areas during that time period. From the S&C, to academic support, to team psychology, to the Xs & Os. That's why Nebraska, with all it's challenges was one of the most successful teams for 20 solid years. But we didn't stay ahead, and we didn't innovate beyond that. We just got into a status quo type of rut. I like where that new performance science program is going, that could give us an edge. And the Huddl software to help learning the playbook is a giant leap. Those are great steps. I think getting the new arena and a solid basketball team will help us. But I still believe we are going to have to separate ourselves somehow, and there needs to be more investment outside of the actual coaching offices for us to be great again.

yes. Yes. YES. Finally someone else says it too.