What did we learn

Nothing we didn't know already.

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

And the team that most expected to only win 7 or 8 games, but won 10, again. Such a disaster.

• Fire 3

Defense needs some serious work/recruiting in the off-season. 31 points NEEDS to be enough to win games if we want to be successful

Hah! If we couldn't get good recruits after Suh/Amukamara/Hagg/Gomes success here, how do you think we're gonna pull them in now? We aren't. We are stagnant. Now begins the gradual decline until people are fed up with it and we make the change that needs to happen.

Why would the decline start now? Why not the past two years? Why can't we do like Clemson did? They were embarassed by W.V. in the Orange Bowl last year, and came back to play great D, and beat LSU this year? Why not Nebraska? There is no reason....

We learned we need to bring erstad in and have him do outfield adjust to the ball drills with our d backs

Also learned or reinforced that as much as i like and respect him we won't be nationally relevant with TM as our QB

As I think about it we learned we are who we are and prob will continue to be a 9 or 10 win top 25 team with a dynamic offense that is way to mistake prone and a d with a good scheme but without the talent to run it

• Fire 1

Abdullahs fumble didnt really hurt us that bad. Except our team gave up after that. Oh, and we need ALOT of defensive help!!! Pathetic defensive effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

The program is on the right track if a "season of failure" gets you 10 wins.... Either that, or the fanbase is ______ crazy....

yes and yes.

Damn proud of this team! And Martinez... I don't care what some people say, that kid is one tough sob. Fought til the end and gives nothing but his all. This offense has been getting better and better every year. Lets clean up this defense, gets some recruits, and get ready for next season. Go Huskers baby!

+1

Martinez will play til the last second with everything he has. If we can just get the defense on the right track, next year could be special.

Our guys have big hearts and they played tough. I'm gonna miss the heck out of Rex. The downside...The team still lacks discipline and makes foolish mistakes and these continue to kill us in the big games. If we can figure that out next year, look out B1G!

Good job Huskers 2012. Can't wait to see how we reload for 2013!

1. Our Oline is good at run blocking

2. Our Oline struggles pass blocking

3. Rex is still Rex

4. Our DB's are usually in perfect position

5. Our DB's can't play the ball

6. Taylor is a WARRIOR...he took major shots today

7. If we don't fall behind and can stay on track our O is dominant

8. WE CAN HANG WITH THE BIG BOYS IN THE SEC!

9. Most of all, I am proud of the boys today. Look at the predictions, we were in this game.

10. (Cant be a post without a Barney comment! haha!) I can't decide whether he should be retained.

The program is on the right track if a "season of failure" gets you 10 wins.... Either that, or the fanbase is ______ crazy....

Not failure, just not meeting expectations. I expect a conference one every 3 years, a shot a national title once every 10 years, and no more than one 30 point loss in a five year period. SOme have higher expectations than that. Four losses should never be considered a good year; maybe not a bad year, but not a good year.