TMart....Why do you say things like this Man ??

Comish

From what I've seen he isn't wrong. We were not beaten by their defense, but by an almost assuredly NFL starter next year.

We put up a ton of yards and a lot of points on a highly touted defense that is said to be full of nothing but future NFL players.

Maybe the bowls aren't a good sample but some of the B1G defenses we played seemed tougher.

The only reason SEC defenses look so good in the rankings is because they don't play much offense. Coincidentally, our team's pass defense ranked high because no one had to throw against us........until Georgia.

WRONG. Why would anyone pass when they can run through wholes the size of hippo?

Note: Wisconsin.

Umm.......try reading my post again.

The facts simply dont point to SEC dominance
"
And if it is, why since the start of the BCS era in 1998 does the conference have overall losing records against the Pac-12 (11-12) and Big East (19-23) and superior but not dominating records against other major conferences? Might the nationwide perception of SEC superiority simply be part of a well-constructed ESPN business plan meant to protect and enhance the network’s $2.25 billion partnership with the SEC? "
Follow the money- where ESPN has manipulated the system for their own benefit
Since inception of the BCS the SEC is 21-20 vs the Big 10 in Bowl games, typically on or very near their own home turf:

These were last years numbers-

SEC vs. PAC-12 regular season: 10-12

SEC vs. PAC-12 bowl games: 1-0

SEC vs. Big 12 regular season: 6-10

SEC vs. Big 12 bowl games: 21-8

SEC vs. ACC regular season: 42-36

SEC vs. ACC bowl games: 16-9

SEC vs. Big 10 regular season: 7-4

SEC vs. Big 10 bowl games: 19-19

SEC vs. Big East regular season: 16-15

SEC vs. Big East bowl game: 3-8

Read this article to see how ESPN has done it and why:

• Fire 3
I like that the "bloggalists" only defense of the SEC is the Clowney hit. If single highlight reel hits define a conferences dominance, than I offer this as my rebuttal.

Kenny Bells hit v Wisconsin > Clowneys hit v Michigan = Kenny Bell is the Best Defense in College Football

I don't know about that. The Clowney hit is probably the best hit I have ever seen. Then again, if Bell would have put ANY effort into his hit, he would have killed that guy.

So, let me get this straight. The only argument the writer has is one player? Give me a break.

I am so sick of the SEC love that the media puts out there and so many fans have bought into it. Heck, the conference didn't even need to go outside of iteself to win the championship last year and everyone in the media just falls down and kisses their feet.

We played against a team that was 4 yards away from playing next monday for all the marbles and our offense went blow for blow with them when our defense couldn't stop anything.

I personally think we need to look at our offense and say...WOW. We do have a very good offense and it is set up to be even better next year.

I trust Taylor's judgement on this. He is the fighter out there going against the other team. If he felt the Big Ten defenses were tougher then I will go with it.

• Fire 1

There is a reason for that media "love"- it all feeds off of the big gorilla ESPN:

"Consider again that the BCS was created by then-SEC commissioner Roy Kramer, also known as the "godfather of the BCS," a man who "attached plastic explosives to college football" and blew it up, according to an ESPN web post. ESPN, of course, is the commercial entity that dominates the college football landscape, and which has a near incalculable economic interest in promoting the nationwide perception of the SEC's elite status.

Actually, you can calculate that interest.

In 2008, ESPN and the SEC signed that a 15-year, $2.25 billion agreement allowing the network to televise the conference's games. In addition, ESPN owns the rights to televise all BCS games, including the national championship game.

In 2011-2012, ESPN and its partner ABC broadcast thirty-three of the thirty-five college bowl games. Which is to say that for all intents and purposes ESPN, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, the most successful spinner of dreams and fables in world history, owns college football as a commercial entity."

This year I was not impressed with SEC "dominance"

They could easily be 1-5 at this point in Bowls

I wasn't too impressed by UGAs defense.... But overall the SEC has the better defenses.

I wasn't impressed with Nebraskas defense at all. You gave up 45 to a bunch of 3 and 4 WR's and two freshmen RB's. You offense scored 24pts. Bottom line: the Blackshirts couldn't play in the SEC, bt they could hold jock straps. You lost so quit your whinin and reload for next year.

I wasn't too impressed by UGAs defense.... But overall the SEC has the better defenses.

I wasn't impressed with Nebraskas defense at all. You gave up 45 to a bunch of 3 and 4 WR's and two freshmen RB's. You offense scored 24pts. Bottom line: the Blackshirts couldn't play in the SEC, bt they could hold jock straps. You lost so quit your whinin and reload for next year.

Cry about it. Your defense is severly overrated. We didn't have our starting DT and C either. I never said Nebraska had a fantastic defense either. Nebraska could do decent in the SEC east.

Oh wow. You told them. Good for you.