SIGNED RB Mikale Wilbon

Garrison has quietly turned into our best recruiter.

Really wish the staff would focus as heavily on recruiting from about August thru November as they do during December and January. The end result would be consistent top 20 classes. It would certainly be a giant middle finger to alot of the critics, too.

Really wish the staff would focus as heavily on recruiting from about August thru November as they do during December and January. The end result would be consistent top 20 classes. It would certainly be a giant middle finger to alot of the critics, too.

I know where you are coming from. But, Aug-Nov recruiting will become much easier and will almost take care of itself once we start winning and are consistently a top 10 team. For now we have to push to get the great recruits on the team late and worry more about coaching/teaching during the year so wins will come and recruiting will become easier.

It would be great to lock up higher ranking kids during the season. The highest ranking kids are often committed after their junior years to the top 15 or 20 programs. For now Nebraska is mostly off the radar for these kids. Todays high school players were born about the time of our last national championship and many if not most don't realize we were once at the top of the dogpile. The heavy dose of 11 am games are also a factor in getting kids to campus. Bringing kids in from the coasts (especially the west coast) is hard to do in the small time frame given. These young man have a night game on friday nite and we have to find them a flight to Lincoln or Omaha by game time on saturday. For the first time in a long time we have no recruits from California. We also depend heavily on finding kids who bloom in their senior years for whatever reason. Some have played behind another star and finally get their chance their senior season. Other kids just have the light go on or start maturing the last year of high school. Until NU has a breakout season I think recruiting will stay as it has been the last 3 years.

Well, I think we are WAY ahead of where we have been lately for the 2015 recruiting class. We are in a very good position with several very highly ranked players. I think Bo and co had a learning curve about how to manage their time and balance things out with current players, the current recruiting classes and future ones. Obviously success on the field won't hurt, but it's not the be-all, end-all.

I know where you are coming from. But, Aug-Nov recruiting will become much easier and will almost take care of itself once we start winning and are consistently a top 10 team. For now we have to push to get the great recruits on the team late and worry more about coaching/teaching during the year so wins will come and recruiting will become easier.

chicken or the egg?

chicken or the egg?

Egg.

• Fire 1