DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

If anyone thinks that commitment is 100% solid, they're kidding themselves.

I am not saying he changes his mind, but I think he wants the Huskers to want him.

I think he felt unloved and decided to go somewhere he could be loved. If NEB keeps going after him, i would be surprised to see him change his tune.

Stanford provides a great opportunity obviously, but I do think they also wanted him more and that could've had an effect. Bo liked the kid but wasn't sure where he fit in and wasn't exactly beating down his door. He wasn't a priority recruit. Chances are it stays that way. Would've been nice if we offered at camp and closed but staff did close on the in-state guys they were more sold-on and won the in-state recruiting battle they were committed to winning.

Don't worry wifi knows how this all went down, even though he was wrong with his HP to Nebraska prediction, he didn't want HP here anyway.... :flush

GetYrPopCornRdy said...

1. Bo was open and honest with HP through his entire recruitment. We communicated and stayed true to our timelines.

2. Our timeline and his UCLA and Stanford offers were just a coincidence. But those offers did weigh into the coaches decision to extend an offer..

3. Bo felt like HP was a solid attitude, effort, academic and culture fit. We recruited him like so. We did not feel like HP was a perfect talent fit for our scheme and BO was honest with him about that. Bo did tell him however we wanted him on the team in some capacity and we would find a spot for him. Compare/Contrast that with Stanford who saw him as a scheme fit and outlined a very specific plan for him.

4. Make no mistake, despite Bo's constant communication and honesty, HPs family was a little turned off that Stoltenberg wasn't on a timeline like Harrison and that he received a camp offer. Neither side is at fault for this.

5. Some of the message board comments were heard by Harrison but they didn't ultimately matter like the above factors.

6. Justwin is not blowing smoke. I don't know what he says to others, but he is on the record privately with me questioning HPs size/frame/fit here and he's done so throughout HPs recruitment. He included HP as a Husker pick..just because history says a Nebraska kid will most likely choose Nebraska, and because HP was looking into possible early enrollment options with our admissions office.

This is just stuff that I've either heard or read, that makes sense, and seems likely to be true.

wifi said...

That is correct. There are trends in college football recruiting. I know them. That was the biggest basis for why I figured he would end up at Nebraska. But that doesn't mean I want him to be at Nebraska. I'm not going to say in public what I have been saying about him, but you well know he wasn't wanted by me.

What a clown.

No kidding. Considering in an interview last night on Ketv he basically said that he talk to Bo twice in his life and coach Snyder at least once a week. He really didn't say how often Stanford's coach contacted him(unless I missed it) but I would have to assume is was more than twice. I hate to say it, but I guess the staff really didn't want HP as much as the others. So good luck to him.

How is Stanford's fanbase reacting?

Are they elated that they were able to steal a Nebraska kid right out of NU's back yard?

Are they underwhelmed that they made a big push for a Nebraska kid that NU itself wasn't even sure about wanting?

Does Stanford even have a fanbase?

http://journalstar.c...19bb2963f4.html

he commited to stanford ten days ago

Comments on that article:

Scruffy2u - 2 hours ago Break a leg... traiter

:facepalm:

QuestionAuthority - 1 hour ago Maybe if you'd have gone to Stanford, you'd know how to spell "traitor" correctly. ROFL

:laughpound:thumbs:rollin:funnyhahah :LOLtartar

Another comment:

Report Abuse HuskerFaithful1 - 13 hours ago I remember a day when if you were from Nebraska you would walk on before you would take a scholarship from somewhere else.

"And then the weight a degree from Stanford holds, and the connections you can build, with networking and career opportunities ... If you were to take the definition of success, Stanford is the place," Phillips said. WHAT???? I highly doubt that just because you get your degree in Physical Therapy from Standford that the world of employers are going to go all gaga over you. The University of Nebraska has an excellent medical program. The problem with this kid is that his ego wont fit in Nebraska. He thinks he better than Nebraska. Standford over Nebraska is a joke. Whats this world come to when UNL can't keep it's top player IN Nebraska. And for those that say he got offered first by Standford so I don't blame him...come on. How many times have we said that about players coming to Nebraska from out of state. Well...Nebraska offers someone from let's say... Louisiana. When he commits to Nebraska and then decommits because LSU offers we end up saying 'Well we can't blame him for staying at home.' As fans, we should take decisions like this personal. He is basically saying that he is better than Nebraska. His parents were obviously K State fans and that's why he has no loyalty one way or the other. Blahh. Okay my rant is over and I feel better. Good luck to him, live long and prosper, may the Force be with him and any other salutations that mean good luck.

tumblr_me3xp70AbV1qltqg1.gif

I am not saying he changes his mind, but I think he wants the Huskers to want him.

I think he felt unloved and decided to go somewhere he could be loved. If NEB keeps going after him, i would be surprised to see him change his tune.

In recruiting, nothing is ever 100% solid...

But I don't like Harrison's odds of ending up here and to be completely, brutally honest, I think our offer was more of a olive branch . . . For instance, if he wanted to switch over after mid Sept, I don't think they'd accept it anymore.

In recruiting, nothing is ever 100% solid...

But I don't like Harrison's odds of ending up here and to be completely, brutally honest, I think our offer was more of a olive branch . . . For instance, if he wanted to switch over after mid Sept, I don't think they'd accept it anymore.

Agree with this.

• 4 months later...

I didn't hear what was being said, but at the bar last night Shaw was being shown along with the Kubiak firing, Texans opening. Any truth and any way this alters Phillips' decision?

I'm not positive, but education was a BIG thing in him going to Stanford. I think he'd stay regardless. Unless of course Lane Kiffin went there lol

• 1 month later...