DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

What's our success rate with kids making a pomp and show announcing?

0%

Exactly.

I'm thinking Stanford

I can't say I'd blame him. Too bad this staff dilly dally f'd around on the offer. Never in my life did I think I'd see a Nebraska coaching staff that wasn't committed to taking care of in state talent first and foremost. I'm glad he got an offer and I hope he chooses N, but disappointed that it took UCLA and Stanford offering this young man before this staff pulled their head out of their ass.

0%

Exactly.

I'm thinking Stanford

I can't say I'd blame him. Too bad this staff dilly dally f'd around on the offer. Never in my life did I think I'd see a Nebraska coaching staff that wasn't committed to taking care of in state talent first and foremost. I'm glad he got an offer and I hope he chooses N, but disappointed that it took UCLA and Stanford offering this young man before this staff pulled their head out of their ass.

I don't know that it is that simple. The UCLA and Stanford offers may have been apart of the final decision to extend the offer when they did. However, if I remember correctly, Harrison said the coaches told him they would evaluate him during camp and then make an offer a few weeks later, if they liked what they saw during camp. The offer came less then two weeks after camp, so it does fit that timeline. Also, it is a bit speculative, but Suttles was dismissed from the team the weekend before Harrison's offer, which might have factored in if they like him as DE in addition to the OL position they evaluated him for.

• Fire 2

0%

Exactly.

I'm thinking Stanford

Well now, tell us how you really feel. However I do agree with you.

Wow. How dare our staff wait and evaluate a kid at a camp then offer him. That is a huge advantage of in state talent. U can get them in and really evaluate where they fit. Even if u slow play them their allegiance to the in state school wins over other schools being early to offer. Happens to us a lot. We offer a kid early but the in state school offers and they gone. We should win this one but if not its bc he chose to go to Stanford not bc we dissed him with a late offer.

• Fire 2

I'm posing this as a legitimate and fair question, but is anyone sort of hoping he doesn't choose us?

Im much more concerned with Newell, and honestly, I think Phillips' ceiling is lower than just about any other DL target we are after. With that said, I dont see a reason to not want him...especially considering he said he would be an instant ambassador and recruiter.

It's like this. If he wants to go to Stanford for the education, that's fine. I don't blame him. But if he doesn't want to go to Nebraska because he's bitter, then I'd rather not have him. If it's both, I'd rather not have him.

With that said, I don't think he's bitter about anything our coaches have done. I think this is a decision where an educational opportunity requires him to think about it.

Coaches screwed up on this one. This is a mistake that shouldn't have happened. Learn from your errors

Yep, this kid is a guaranteed All-American. I mean, he's an instate kid with some talent, so that has to be true. No reason to even let the coaches take a look at him. And the coaches should have already made NU more academically prestigious than lowly Stanford. That's just bad coaching and recruiting right there.