DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

Harrison has some intellect!

Wow, offers from Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, and on and on. A gazillion schools seem to have offered at every level. I'm hopeful his choice is to stay at home, as I think it will be.

And I hope he is very successful at NU, indeed. Glad we finally offered.

I know absolutely nothing about the situation other than what I read here and another board. However, to my uninformed view, it appears to me that this would come down to what he wants out of a school...not necessarily the football program. If really values the opportunity to have an Ivy League education and that is more important to him than playing for a major program and trying to win championships, then we will be on the outside looking in. If, on the other hand, he values the experience of playing for a major program and understands he can get a pretty good education right here at UNL then we have a major shot.

The one that can offer both is Stanford. That one concerns me.

Some people that are new around here may think that I don't know anything, but I don't personally think he makes it through the summer without committing unless the staff has told him to "Take his time."

I honestly think we could be done with our DL recruiting by the end of September or middle of October.

If Suttle's doesn't make it, think he stays at DE?

Also, this year seems different in respect to the NE kids. Think Drew Ott or Shoff get offers if this philosophy was being used in past seasons? Wrestlers, we need more of them on the team.

Some people that are new around here may think that I don't know anything, but I don't personally think he makes it through the summer without committing unless the staff has told him to "Take his time."

I honestly think we could be done with our DL recruiting by the end of September or middle of October.

Also, this year seems different in respect to the NE kids. Think Drew Ott or Shoff get offers if this philosophy was being used in past seasons? Wrestlers, we need more of them on the team.

Suttle is here. Do you mean Gregory???

Suttles - he was mentioned in that thread by knapp (ref. a tweet) as possibly one of the departing.

Suttles - he was mentioned in that thread by knapp (ref. a tweet) as possibly one of the departing.

Sorry I thought you were talking about transfers. Now that I've been a tad educated on the situation, we might have a few more schollys open up.

Fair warning to everyone. Zoogies went to a lot of trouble to clean this thread up by moving over 30 posts to the Woodshed. I just moved another six. Enough is enough. If folks can't stay on topic and keep the personal attacks and comments out of the thread, we're going to start handing out suspensions and bans.

do you guys think trey carr is feeling a little left out???!!!

i feel real bad for him actually not even knowing how down he is with the huskers? place for him? not sure! but it would be nice if he get an offer other than the dakota schools.. but hell atleast he has got that I LOVE YOU TREY!!

I think Trey could be a guy the Huskers offer late, and will get one before Kenzo Cotton, unless Cotton improves dramatically. Trey's a really good football player, so an offer for him late, if we miss out on some DB's (which we sorely need), could happen.

I like how he hasn't committed yet. Make the coaches sweat a little. Well played, Phillips. Well played

I like how he hasn't committed yet. Make the coaches sweat a little. Well played, Phillips. Well played

He's also been posting things on twitter about how if he went to UCLA or if he went to Stanford he could have this this and this. Trying to make it look like he is really considering those schools.

I don't think the Husker coaches are sweatting one way or the other on this young man. If he was to go somewhere else, they would say goodluck and carry on.

He's also been posting things on twitter about how if he went to UCLA or if he went to Stanford he could have this this and this. Trying to make it look like he is really considering those schools.

I don't think the Husker coaches are sweatting one way or the other on this young man. If he was to go somewhere else, they would say goodluck and carry on.

It was a joke

It was a joke

Sorry, :( my bad. Sarcasm doesn’t come across real well on a board when reading it.

I do feel pretty solid that he will be a Husker though.