DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

Another 3 stars? I always said recruiting battles are mostly overrated (i.e. 5 stars Marlon Lucky) but I'm kinda worried. No 4 or 5 stars.....right now, Nebraska is rated #37.

A lot of those guys are already border line four star guys and are expected to jump into the four star ranking by the time their high school careers are over. Try not to look at it as a star system. Watch some mother fudgin' video on these guys and form your own opinion. These recruiting guru's don't know it all, and if they claim to know it all, they're a farkin' liar because it's a fifty fifty thing. There's no science to it. Some do, some don't. It's all about investing in the ones you believe in. Sometime guts will take you a long way. Which is why I love when Nebraska kids get schollies.

Harrison screams end in a 3-4 to me.

THIS KID SCREAMS HUSKER!!!!!!!!

He belongs in the Red. I won't be happy if anyone else steal this kid. Period. End of story.

Personally think the DT from Bishop Gorman has a better shot to be offered than Harrison. Had we not got Mixon last year, I believe Harrison would have been offered already. However, I do think there will be some turnover on our DL this year.

"everyone" said the in-state talent was better for 2014, is this kid one of them that was thought would be in that category?

seems like a "tweener" to me, but if he's die-hard Husker, i'll give him the benefit of doubt.

looks good on film, has big upside, etc....however, who did Michigan, tOSU, and PSU pick up this week?

"everyone" said the in-state talent was better for 2014, is this kid one of them that was thought would be in that category?

seems like a "tweener" to me, but if he's die-hard Husker, i'll give him the benefit of doubt.

looks good on film, has big upside, etc....however, who did Michigan, tOSU, and PSU pick up this week?

Stanford has had 10x the success in recent years over those 3 teams and they obviously thought he was worthy of an offer following their camp.