DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

I hope Harrison commits before the season so he can be there at every home game with Luke Gifford, DJ Foster, Mick Stoltenberg and those guys can help recruit the guys we get on campus. Harrison stated that whichever school he committed to, he would immediately become a lead recruiter.

You saw his twitter response when he got the Nebraska offer. All Caps... I JUST GOT OFFERED BY NEBRASKA! #GBR. He didn't tweet with near the excitement for the other schools.

is this even possible? :)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope not offering and closing when he came to camp doesn't bite us in the butt here.

Stanford is a GREAT school. Their academics are ivy League. They are near San Francisco in a beautiful area of the country. They have a top 25 football team. We have things to be worried about. But the good news is all the kids at his school are going to be trying to get him to go to Nebraska. Our committed players are recruiting him for Nebraska. His parents are close to NU and would be able to see his games. We have a lot of things working in our favor here. Lets just hope he doesn't feel disrespected by our coaches because they didn't offer him right after camp. Let's hope he doesn't feel like those other schools want him more and like him more.

Not offering and closing at camp could cost us. Staff still doesn't appear sure where to put him, but major offers made it a now or never deal. Hope Farmer helps us close here, and Phillips helps in keeping Farmer when the wolves come creeping around.

I am sure the Stanford offer is something he and his family are considering as the educational value has merits. It’s my understanding that he is real close with his Mom and I heard that his father may have been laid off recently (poor timing for family). I am sure as a family; they are trying to do something that fits everyone (family watching games and financial stability). I am still in the mindset that he is ours to lose but depending on other circumstances, the educational issue may come into play here.

I don't think Phillips ends up with an offer.

@horribleharry99: I JUST GOT OFFERED BY NEBRASKA! #GBR

My educated guess is it went down this way:

+1 to you sir!!

Unless you actually listen to phone calls, you shouldn't judge whether a recruit has been offered or not.

• Fire 1

+1 to you sir!!

Unless you actually listen to phone calls, you shouldn't judge whether a recruit has been offered or not.

What????

+1 to you sir!!

This crap again. Guess you missed the part where he admitted he made mistake. Move on.

+1 to you sir!!

Sometimes a single faceplam just doesn't suffice.....

Facepalm_01.gif

"I was goin' all over in my head ... I was not getting good sleep at night ... having bad workouts ... stayin' up all night ... not knowin' what to do. It's a great problem to have."

Sleepless nights certainly shows he is undecided. I don't like that one bit.

I could see both ways. Either he really wants to go to NU but is worried about turning down a free ride to Stanford or he really wants to go to Stanford but can't quite give up his long time dream of playing for the Huskers. Not sure which I think is more likely.

[/left]

Omaha (Neb.) Millard West DE Harrison Phillips RT “

@horribleharry99: I will be announcing my decision next week.”

[/left]

Even if it is Stanford, I definitely see us landing him in the end. You can't grow up in Nebraska, work YEARS for an offer, and then not take it. It's every kid in this states dream.

I agree, but he probably never dreamed he would be getting a offer from Stanford his entire life either...can't deny the facts that they have a great FB program and are a great school. I hope his dream of becoming a Husker is enough.

[/left]

Omaha (Neb.) Millard West DE Harrison Phillips RT “

@horribleharry99: I will be announcing my decision next week.”

[/left]

Even if it is Stanford, I definitely see us landing him in the end. You can't grow up in Nebraska, work YEARS for an offer, and then not take it. It's every kid in this states dream.

Trevor Robinson did. I won't be surprised if Harrison does too. He got strung along to long and others took notice.