Braylon Heard Transferring...

Bo did cause unrest in the team, telling the Bullocks their new Defensive coach had no clue, they should be playing this scheme. One left early over the deal supposedly.

Uh, please tell me you're not talking about Kevin Cosgrove? Because it's fairly well established that he did NOT have a clue.

Or are you saying that Bill Busch came up with defensive schemes on his own?

I think he's saying Bo told the Bullocks prior to 2004 that Cosgrove had no clue and they they should be playing Bo's scheme. One of the Bullocks did leave early after 2004.

Bo did cause unrest in the team, telling the Bullocks their new Defensive coach had no clue, they should be playing this scheme. One left early over the deal supposedly.

Uh, please tell me you're not talking about Kevin Cosgrove? Because it's fairly well established that he did NOT have a clue.

I think he's saying Bo told the Bullocks prior to 2004 that Cosgrove had no clue and they they should be playing Bo's scheme. One of the Bullocks did leave early after 2004.

They didnt follow Bo and I doubt Bo recruited anyone from the NU team upon his departure

Okay. I'm a bit skeptical that Bo tried to recruit the Bullocks away from NU when he left. That sounds like some sort of anti-Bo tripe that someone is just pulling out of their butt. Wasn't OU playing for a national championship at about that time? Was Bob Stoops really that desperate for a safety? (Well, maybe he was during the Orange Bowl against USC. LOL)

And again, I think it's fairly well established that Kevin Cosgrove did NOT have a clue. :facepalm:

What I was saying, he was actively recruiting players we had verbals from, that he communicated with the kids on the team to cause problems, the instant he left. There were a lot of ill feelings about it back then, but it did not come to fore front like it would today. Blake, as we know was a proven cheater, but he was totally bezerk over his actions with Dillard and Dillard was very upset about what was going on. Bo talked to players on the team, which he is not supposed to by NCAA rules, or at least that is what I was told back then. I was much closer to the program then, I pretty much lost my contact about a year after Clownahan was hired. I also seemed to lose interest in it for some reason, lol. But there were several reasons, I did not want Bo hired, this is part of one. Make no mistake there was very little difference in what Bo did and what Marrow supposedly did.

But I can understand his frustration at the time, but a lot of his actions were very childish, which he already had a proven track record of. I do think he is improving on that side of his character. I would not say that there are many coaches that would not have acted similar to what Bo did upon his dismissal. But I just feel Nebraska as a program should be above that.

Young aggressive coach, very little guidance recieved from Solich. Things happen, I have put them behind me as a reason to not want him here. He has done a pretty good job on those type of things. I see improvement, and that is all you can ask of people.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip

Folks keep asking if there's a chance Braylon Heard could remain with #Huskers. I'd say it's a very remote possibility. Let's say, 5%.

Am I the only one that is over this guy wanting to transfer? If you're not getting the playing time you want, then work harder and climb the depth chart. I think we have a couple guys coming in that are ready to do that (Newby, Taylor)....

Nope.

I was never on the Braylon Heard bandwagon.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip

Folks keep asking if there's a chance Braylon Heard could remain with #Huskers. I'd say it's a very remote possibility. Let's say, 5%.

Am I the only one that is over this guy wanting to transfer? If you're not getting the playing time you want, then work harder and climb the depth chart. I think we have a couple guys coming in that are ready to do that (Newby, Taylor)....

Nope.

I was never on the Braylon Heard bandwagon.

Agreed. Kid is talented but I think the way this offense is evolving that Abdullah is the better fit and is more talented in my opinion. With cross getting the short yardage carries apparently Heard didn't see where he fit in. If thats the case then so be it. We have a couple of potential very solid backs coming in. I don't think we will miss him that much.

i havent read any of this thread so I apologize if its already been said....has anyone heard where he might transfer too? Kentucky?
It's been reported that he can NOT transfer to another B1G school or Kentucky. As far as I know there is no word on where he is looking.

so where did Braylon plan on transfering to if he wants to be closer to home and he cant go to kentucky or any big 10 schools? Pitt, Louisville, Ohio...he should just come back....

While I appreciate his desire to be a featured back at a BCS program, I really don't understand why he would want to leave now. The fact that Bo wanted him to possibly look at another position (wingback or), tells me that Bo just wanted to have his talent on the turf along with the rest of the speed players. I know he wants to stay at I back but I think his reps there (would have increased this year) to a point where he could then prove (if possible) that he should be the starter. All it would take is for him to have a few breakout games and the film would be proof enough. This young man can do what he wishes and I wish him the best whatever he elects to do. We will be fine no matter what he does!

• Fire 1