Ranking Big 10 coaches - Bo # 7

Yet, quality players are choosing other schools. We have had quality players leave the program. Go to a K-State practice some time. You will not hear coaches, especially the head coach, yelling and screaming profanities. You do not dare take your kids to an NU practice. End of story.

1. Your first two sentences are true of every single top-tier program in the country. Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, Notre Dame and all the others have quality players choose other schools over them, and also have quality players leave their programs.

2. Okay, sure, let's compare to Kansas State. Nevermind that Bill Snyder might be the only example (if not the only then one of five) in the country that don't swear and yell. Also never mind that Kansas State doesn't recruit quality players, literally half of your incessant argument. They are an enigma wrapped in anomaly and the only school of their nature in the country.

Gimmicks do not cover up the inability to recruit and develop. Pretty simple, really!

Can you explain to me with a direct response how exactly you explain the development and improvement of Eric Hagg, Dejon Gomes, Prince Amukamara, Alfonzo Dennard, Ndamukong Suh, Cody Glenn, Matt O'Hanlon, Larry Asante and Philip Dillard as a few examples? All of these guys played under the Callahan regime and under Bo's, and all showed dramatic improvement between coaching staffs and also between years.

Explain this. Please.

Also explain why you are so unimpressed with our recruiting when, the national rankings of the last two seasons seem right on line with the level that Nebraska has always recruited at:

2012: 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 30th between different sources

2013: 14th, 15th, 15th, 17th, 22nd between different sources

1991: 28th

1992: 14th, 14th, 10th

1993: 18th

1994: 20th

1995: 8th, 11th

1996: 9th, 10th

1997: 19th

1998: 17th

1999: 17th

So you're so upset about our awful recruiting even though it is just one tiny sliver behind the level that we recruited at during our most dominant stretch in college football history. O k a y.

Are we really trying to compare to Kansas St. and Bill Snyder? Bill Snyder is THE anomoly of college football history. Kansas st was complete garbage before him. There were complete garbage after him, and, they'll quickly be complete garbage after him again. I like Bill Snyder. He is a class act, mainly for sticking with Kansas St, the place that initially gave him the opportunity. But to compare anyone or anything to Bill Snyder's Kansas St is absolutely ridiculous. Why dont we just compare Obama and/or Bush to George Washington or Abraham Lincoln.

I would also point out that quality players have ALWAYS gone to other programs. It's not like Nebraska has ever been a consistent top 5 recruiting program.

And as far as the coaches yelling/screaming/cursing at players. No one is going to tell me that Stoops, Saban, Miles, Kelly, is not doing the same thing as Bo.

Maybe if Goal line doesn't like the way Bo coaches, he should stick to watching Snyder at K-State

Bo sucks, you guys. End of story. Take your sunshine pumping selves out of la la land and face reality. We will never be good with Bo.

He's a jerk. His players hate him. He can't recruit, no parent would ever want their child to play for him. He's not a defensive genius. He doesn't know how to stop the run.

The sooner you realize that goal line is right, the happier you'll be...

Said Nobody.

Ever.

Bo sucks, you guys. End of story. Take your sunshine pumping selves out of la la land and face reality. We will never be good with Bo.

He's a jerk. His players hate him. He can't recruit, no parent would ever want their child to play for him. He's not a defensive genius. He doesn't know how to stop the run.

Said Nobody.

Ever.

You son of a...........

You had me going there. I was on the brink of huntin your scrawny ass down. :thumbs

Said Nobody.

Ever.

illK6U.gif

• Fire 1

Can you explain to me with a direct response how exactly you explain the development and improvement of Eric Hagg, Dejon Gomes, Prince Amukamara, Alfonzo Dennard, Ndamukong Suh, Cody Glenn, Matt O'Hanlon, Larry Asante and Philip Dillard as a few examples? All of these guys played under the Callahan regime and under Bo's, and all showed dramatic improvement between coaching staffs and also between years.

Or more importantly, why that kind of development and improvement came to a screeching halt once Carl and Marvin went elsewhere.

Or more importantly, why that kind of development and improvement came to a screeching halt once Carl and Marvin went elsewhere.

And we've had 1 and 2 whole seasons respectively since they left, whereas they had 4 and 3 years respectively to develope said players. I'm just sayin it takes time. Our Dline coach just completed his first year at the position as well as the secondary coach and D-coordinator. Was we really regarding the work Carl and Sanders were doin after '08 the same as after '09 and '10?

But I will agree that things have obviously taken a downward turn since Marvin and Carl left, but I blame more on lack of talent than lack of coaching. Even Corey Raymond came out and actually said it.

Carl Pelini was a joke and always will be. He's an unbelievable DL coach and a very okay DC. When he was here we had some DTs that could play 60 to 70 snaps a game. We didn't have that last year. Marvin hurt more than Carl in my opinion. However I do believe that TJ will be just as good. It may be tough to keep him here after next fall.

Really don't know why there is such an uproar about the draft. It was pretty well known that the 08 & 09 classes weren't the best. Those opinions were validated over the weekend. Rex would have gone higher had he not been hurt and I do believe Stein would have been drafted as well.

Judging by the lack of NFL talent we had in the upper classes, I'd say the coaches deserve some credit for finding the schemes to beat some teams that had more experienced talent.

Carl Pelini was a joke and always will be. He's an unbelievable DL coach and a very okay DC. When he was here we had some DTs that could play 60 to 70 snaps a game. We didn't have that last year. Marvin hurt more than Carl in my opinion. However I do believe that TJ will be just as good. It may be tough to keep him here after next fall.

Really don't know why there is such an uproar about the draft. It was pretty well known that the 08 & 09 classes weren't the best. Those opinions were validated over the weekend. Rex would have gone higher had he not been hurt and I do believe Stein would have been drafted as well.

Judging by the lack of NFL talent we had in the upper classes, I'd say the coaches deserve some credit for finding the schemes to beat some teams that had more experienced talent.

couldnt agree more, getting 10 wins last year with the talent that was on the field is very impressive

Having DTs that could play 60-70 snaps wouldn't do us much good if they're not getting decent tutelage. The jury is still out on Kaczenski, and we already know Papuchis is completely worthless when it comes to developing talent, or pretty much anything outside of recruiting.

I think the uproar is a little unfounded myself. Even if we lose more games next year, we'll still more than likely have more players drafted. It only says so much. Steinkuhler just isn't an NFL caliber defensive tackle. He may have been as an offensive tackle, but let's not make him out to be something he's not because we love guys named Steinkuhler. NFL teams tend to stay away from defensive lineman who lose their one-on-one battles the vast majority of the time.

Most of that credit going to Beck and the offensive guys, obviously.

So Papuchis takes a mediocre Dlineman recruit and at the end of his career, he still an average d-lineman, so Papuchis cant develop. But other coaches take elite dlinemen recruits and at the end of their career they're elite d-linemen, and they're tremendous developers?

No double standard there I guess.

And we've had 1 and 2 whole seasons respectively since they left, whereas they had 4 and 3 years respectively to develope said players. I'm just sayin it takes time. Our Dline coach just completed his first year at the position as well as the secondary coach and D-coordinator. Was we really regarding the work Carl and Sanders were doin after '08 the same as after '09 and '10?

But I will agree that things have obviously taken a downward turn since Marvin and Carl left, but I blame more on lack of talent than lack of coaching. Even Corey Raymond came out and actually said it.

Our defense at the end of 2008 also wasn't nearly as bad as our defense at the end of 2012. There was improvement throughout the course of the year, not huge improvement, but noticeable. We can't say that about last year.

Corey Raymond was making excuses for being a sh**ty coach. Joseph got more out of the same crop of players.

Our defense at the end of 2008 also wasn't nearly as bad as our defense at the end of 2012. There was improvement throughout the course of the year, not huge improvement, but noticeable. We can't say that about last year.

Corey Raymond was making excuses for being a sh**ty coach. Joseph got more out of the same crop of players.

The biggest thing I've noticed about our DBs is that they are absolutely crap at playing a ball that's in the air. Look at the long TD against Georgia after the pick 6, Green was in position to make the play, but missed and and it's a TD. That's definitely something that needs to improve next year, and it's something that has been a "problem" since Pelini came back. Hagg was sometimes absolutely terrible with this. He was the one who gave up the only TD in the Iowa State debacle because he didn't turn around and look for the ball.

I was not a fan of what Raymond did. I'll make that clear. But, Joseph also made more out of the same crop of players that had a year of experience.

The 2008 defense at the end of the season was also healthy with a blossoming Suh.

I feel like this is going in circles and i've totally lost track of where we're at. Bottome line to me is it's a talent issue right now. Recruiting was not good in the first couple cycles. That is obvious. This past draft re-affirmed it. Recruiting has been consistently on the rise the last 3 classes, at least according to the recruiting rankings, which is what we use to say Bo sucks at recruiting, so we should be able to use them to say it's improving, right? These same rankings also say that as far as defense goes, these past two classes are his best in terms of talent, but we have yet to see that show up on the field yet due to redshirts. We'll have no choice but to see that this year. But if the flashes of brilliance we saw from guys like Santo and Zaire, I just dont see how anyone could be negative about the future. We know Bo has what it takes when he has the talent for his systems. Same with every coach. He hasnt had it the past couple years-on defense anyway.