The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

This draft showed several things or things one can infer:

a) incredible lack of draft-eligible talent

b) incredible lack of developing players

c) great coaching in that we won 10 games

d) the B1G is a horrific conference at best

e) we have a long, long way to go

Thoughts?

What does Ohio St's three players drafted say about them?

The same things it did about the B1G as a whole. It appears to be one of the "lesser" conferences based upon those drafted. Purely subjective when looking only at the numbers drafted vs number drafted.

Top level talent wants to play somewhere that is going to get them to the next level, currently that is not the B1G. Questions of over-signing aside, the SEC keeps getting the top tier talent because they already have top tier talent and are sending that top tier talent to the NFL. Sure, guys like Eric Fisher show that you can make it from any school but he's obviously the exception to the rule. I'm excited that Urban Meyer is at OSU because maybe his quality of recruiting will help the rest of the league as the competition gets better.

This draft showed several things or things one can infer:

a) incredible lack of talent

b) incredible lack of developing players

c) great coaching in that we won 10 games

d) the B1G is a horrific conference at best

e) we have a long, long way to go

Thoughts?

All true except for ©. If that were true,( a), (b), (d), and (e) would not exist.

I guess commenting with facts is racist now. I'm not making some snide comment about any race, in fact I'm pointing out a positive. But idk how you can say to me that it's not true when in most american sports, African Americans are the dominant "race" in them. It's because physically, most have better genes and are more naturally gifted. Not all, and not always will it be a black guy who is that way, and hard work can take you really far as well.

jimmy-the-greek-2jpg-17ee037b7736ebe5_large.jpg

Some funny burkhead reactions

Terrible pick up. White guy, no speed, nothing special. A wasted pick. Don't need white thunder I want black lightning..

He's garbage and won't amount to anything.

we'll see in the fall...

I read the first guys posts on that board and it's very easy to classify him as a moron.

Terrible pick up. White guy, no speed, nothing special. A wasted pick. Don't need white thunder I want black lightning..

we'll see in the fall...

I read the first guys posts on that board and it's very easy to classify him as a moron.

The Benegal board?

we'll see in the fall...

The Benegal board?

Yes. Google Cincinnati Bengals message board and his name is Carolina something.

I'm excited that Urban Meyer is at OSU because maybe his quality of recruiting will help the rest of the league as the competition gets better.

As much as I dislike the guy, this is true. His abilities will be a fire under the ass for the rest of the conference, at least until Brady or Bo start to beat him a couple times and he decides to try his luck in the Big 12 or Pac12.

I'm excited that Urban Meyer is at OSU because maybe his quality of recruiting will help the rest of the league as the competition gets better.

As much as I dislike the guy, this is true. His abilities will be a fire under the ass for the rest of the conference, at least until Brady or Bo start to beat him a couple times and he decides to try his luck in the Big 12 or Pac12.

IIRC, Brady already has 5 of the top 150 for commits in 2014. Seem to also remember him saying some of the scholarships would be year to year.

Agree with it lighting a fire. Good article about NU becoming great because of OU and trying to compete with the FL schools. TO upped his game to keep up with and ultimately beat the best.