I miss the Big XII.

I don't miss the Big 12 as a whole, but I certainly do miss our old Big 8 brethren...especially Oklahoma! Not only was that game just pure classic college football at it's best, it was also a rivalry game of respect.

Maybe if the dominoes fall correctly in 10 years or so once the grant of rights deals with the current Big 12 run their coarse...maybe...just maybe the Big 10 could go after some of those old Big 8 teams in future expansion. Out of all those old Big 8 teams that could be a target for the Big 10 I definitely think Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma are in play. The sticking point is what do you do with those "in-state rival schools" such as Kansas State and Oklahoma State?

I'd take Oke St. if it meant we would play OU every year.

and we'd go back to playing them on or the day after Thanksgiving...

I'd be all in for that...

I don't miss the Big 12 as a whole, but I certainly do miss our old Big 8 brethren...especially Oklahoma! Not only was that game just pure classic college football at it's best, it was also a rivalry game of respect.

Maybe if the dominoes fall correctly in 10 years or so once the grant of rights deals with the current Big 12 run their coarse...maybe...just maybe the Big 10 could go after some of those old Big 8 teams in future expansion. Out of all those old Big 8 teams that could be a target for the Big 10 I definitely think Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma are in play. The sticking point is what do you do with those "in-state rival schools" such as Kansas State and Oklahoma State?

0010.gif

0010.gif

Y3MmKM0.gif

Really like having BTN coverage and the money we'll be getting from BTN in the future . Do miss having easy roadtrips. Overall we made the only decision. Bowing our heads for the powers-that-be down south was a recipe for disaster. The 12 has improved since but that is because us leaving triggered change.

The politics aside, I miss the easy road trips. I miss the gameday atmospheres at K-State and at Mizzou. I miss the Thursday night games. I miss NIGHT games period. I miss our rivalries. I'm not liking the "country club" feel of the B1G.

I like the "country club" feel of the Big Ten.... There is an arrogance among all members of the B1G, and whether "we" are or not, we always seem to believe we're better than everyone else.... I like it here....

Old OU farts vaguely remember Sooners/Huskers rival but year after year, fading memories and eventually disappeared completely, like 2 or 3 years in the future. Remaining OU fans under 40 years old, Nebraska was just another team, i.e. Purdue, Maryland, Utah St, etc. Trust me.

Blamed on Texass, DeLoss and puppet Beebe

The only B1G disadvantage, long trip.

i definitely miss the regionality of the college game...and its not just me, i travel quite a bit and a lot of people i talk with feel the same way..

i am 47, by the time there is any true rivary and tradition built, ill be an old man

i miss the familiarity of the big 12. i miss the venues and the fans and living in the middlie of it my whole life.

good or bad, money is changing the game.

Old OU farts vaguely remember Sooners/Huskers rival but year after year, fading memories and eventually disappeared completely, like 2 or 3 years in the future. Remaining OU fans under 40 years old, Nebraska was just another team, i.e. Purdue, Maryland, Utah St, etc. Trust me.

Blamed on Texass, DeLoss and puppet Beebe

The only B1G disadvantage, long trip.

That read like a haiku.