Part of why the scores on game sites will be lower, is nothing changed really since NCAA 2013, and they will doc points for what amounts to releasing the same game year after year.

People always get upset when a game site doesn't give a game the score they think their pet game 'should' get. The 6 or 8 it got from IGN or Gamespot are not bad scores. They fall into the 'good' grouping, and are targeted at the masses. Not the niche market. Some of the people complaining about the scores will be on here bitching about flaws in the game in a week. Probably the same issues the reviews found fault with too.

Why you don't see a lot of change is NCAA is a niche game, largely made from skeleton of the previous year's Madden. Sure, its a big deal in some parts of the US, but you wont even find it in stores overseas.

Well that's a no brainer for the overseas part. Soccer rules the world except in the US. Games here in Naples are off the chain. When they win you would think they the just won the champions league or la liguea.

Surprised nobody has mentioned that our facemasks are gray in the game. Sure, it's a minor detail, but they have all of Oregon's helmets right and they can't get our facemask color right?

Went to edit a player last night...the equipment editing module is still a farce. Half the time you make a change, it doesn't show up. They still don't have all of the Revo helmets.

Gameplay is a little smoother than in the past. It's easier for ball carriers to maneuver and the spin move is finally like a real spin move.

Overall impressions of the game: It's a shiny new paint job on the same product they have been putting out year after year. If you're not going to play the game online, then I'd just stick with your old copy of the game.

Surprised nobody has mentioned that our facemasks are gray in the game. Sure, it's a minor detail, but they have all of Oregon's helmets right and they can't get our facemask color right?

Its a bug that hit a bunch of teams. Of course, Tiburon is one of the worst EA devs, so its expected.

The Post Mortem is on a sorta wait. EA has said they 'plan' on making College Football 15 next year. But I wouldnt hold my breath, the reason the NCAA dropped out will effect the Schools/Conferences on licencing as well.

Really makes it crappy that there won't be a PC version, as then modders could keep it carried on.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the game the other night, and I'm kind of disappointed. Still feels like the same game I had in 2011 just touched up here and there. Memorial is defiantly a red crowd now, almost to red haha. I really don't understand the Ultimate team thing, apparently you collect players like trading cards, but you can only use them for a select number of games? Picked up Aaron Hernandez yesterday from winning a challenge and got a chuckle out of that.

I haven't tried the online game yet but offline zone reads are defiantly a lot of fun now, unfortunately defense feels numb as ever.

Game definitely hasn't wow'd me by any means. However it's not football season yet so once that starts I'm sure it will start to get better for me. I do think that the game made a huge improvement IMO. I love playing offense and how your linemen can actually block and how you can make cuts. Defense is a little harder....