*Official Nebraska 2013 Season Prediction Thread*

I don't see losses to PSU or MSU. PSU will be starting a guy at QB with little experience and zero mobility. Depth will be a huge issue this year and they'll see a second half slide. MSU could very well be worse on offense considering they lost their best player, and will be hard pressed to have as good a defense with the losses on that side.

PSU has all season to get their guys experience before playing NU and the game is at their stadium which is always a tough place to play. Depth might get them over the course of the season, but it could also get us since we've got so little experience on the D. It's hard to predict any games before the season starts, and especially hard for the games towards the end of the season.

Illinois scares me a lot more than Purdue. I know they are in shambles but that Scheelhause kid always finds one game to bring the upset card. He is pretty mobile, and may end up being a NW all over again, I'm afraid.

Illinois is a dumpster fire. Scheelhaase hasn't been the same since he was a freshman and I wouldn't be surprised to see Beckman fired.

Some are expecting way too much out of Penn St. While it was neat what they did last year in the midst of everything that went on, and they played inspired football, yada yada yada, remember they did have a veteran team. Now they have a new qb. And a coach that was involved in numerous coaching rumors already just last season. A coach who I quite honestly do not expect to make it to year 3 as a Penn st football coach. They are heading into only year 2 of a 5 year stretch of sanctions. This is the year we start to see the "nothing to play for" situation start to take a toll on the program mentally. Talent or not, that thing takes a toll. This season, every single player on that team will know for a fact that no matter what they do, no matter how hard they play, or how many games they win, they will never have a shot at a conference or national championship or even a bowl game in their. At some point, that's gonna start having a legitimate effect on the players mentally in both games and prep.

Wyoming - W

Southern Miss - W

UCLA - W (No Franklin, not as a big a problem. Plus Lincoln and stuff.)

SDSU - W (This game will have Nebraska fans thinking, "Why do we struggle against South Dakota State so much?")

Illinois - W (Scheelhaase runs crazy and not always in a good way, but too bad he doesn't play defense.)

Purdue - W (Road game against an inferior opponent, watch Nebraska attempt its' best Iowa State again.) :hmmph

Minnesota - W (Nelson tries really hard, but too bad it is just Minnesota.)

Northwestern - W (Hey, you got our attention. Not stop bothering us and go away. Very close victory.)

Michigan - L (Hey, watch Nebraska make you remember all those terrible games of 2012. This one will hurt and not because Michigan is that good.)

Michigan State - W (Do you guys even play offense? Too bad they get the wolverine lose taken out on them.)

Penn State - W (Nothing amazing, nothing terrible.)

Iowa - W (Just here to get a W and go to the title game.)

CCG Ohio State - L (Still not good enough to stop a healthy Braxton.)

Capitol One Bowl Florida - L (Uproar begins about Pelini not being able to win bowl games) :throw

Call me crazy but ive had this year in the back of my mind since we joined the B1G and the schedules came out. I think we breeze to 8-0. UCLA won't be as close as every predicts. Then NW gives us a scare but we end up winning by 10 or 14. We beat a michigan team who is very overrated and Gardner proves that last years games were a fluke and he's just another average mobile qb. After winning in Ann Arbor, we finish the biz for the first 12-0 regular season since i don't even know when. After that we get tOSU. With a natty champ berth on the line. From there i don't know. If we win we play Bama for the title. If we lose, we play a PAC 12 in the rose bowl. Lose either of those unfortunately. I'm going to say 12-2. Loses to tOSU and bowl game.

• Fire 1

Call me crazy but ive had this year in the back of my mind since we joined the B1G and the schedules came out. I think we breeze to 8-0. UCLA won't be as close as every predicts. Then NW gives us a scare but we end up winning by 10 or 14. We beat a michigan team who is very overrated and Gardner proves that last years games were a fluke and he's just another average mobile qb. After winning in Ann Arbor, we finish the biz for the first 12-0 regular season since i don't even know when. After that we get tOSU. With a natty champ berth on the line. From there i don't know. If we win we play Bama for the title. If we lose, we play a PAC 12 in the rose bowl. Lose either of those unfortunately. I'm going to say 12-2. Loses to tOSU and bowl game.

This is about what I think, except I think we'd win the Rose Bowl.

Gardner proves that last years games were a fluke

I saw him play a year or two before last year and he was very impressive then, too. (But that doesn't mean we can't beat them).

I concur. Garnder is the real deal, but so is our offense.

I worry about the UCLA game and something bothers me about the Purdue game. A Mich loss wouldn't surprise me. The defense has a couple of games to get ready for UCLA, that will help, but they had all season last year to get ready for Wis at the end of the year. Watching the Tim Brando show with Glen Mason doing the B1G media day coverage. He said there are no Black Shirts in Neb. That one stung.... 11-3 or 10-4 GBR!!!

I worry about the UCLA game and something bothers me about the Purdue game. A Mich loss wouldn't surprise me. The defense has a couple of games to get ready for UCLA, that will help, but they had all season last year to get ready for Wis at the end of the year. Watching the Tim Brando show with Glen Mason doing the B1G media day coverage. He said there are no Black Shirts in Neb. That one stung.... 11-3 or 10-4 GBR!!!

Can't blame them for saying that, they're just being honest. We haven't seen a solid defense since 2010. The last two years we have seen flashes (2010: MSU and 2011: Michigan) but nothing consistent.

Aug. 31 Wyoming vs Nebraska W — Cowboys might be tougher than expected. But not tough enough.

Sept. 7 Southern Miss vs Nebraska W — Joe Dailey not around to donate three picks to the Wer Eagles this time.

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska W — It's in our house this year.

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska W — Ha ha! No way.

Oct. 5 Illinois vs Nebraska W — Seems like Illinois is headed back to the Ron Turner days.

Oct. 12 at Purdue vs Nebraska W — Others are worried about the Boilers? I'm not.

Oct. 19 BYE

Oct. 26 at Minnesota vs Nebraska W — Road kill.

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska W — I guess we'll win it. These nerdy brainiacs have given us fits so far.

Nov. 9 at Michigan vs Nebraska L — The Big House is a tough place to visit.

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska W — Unless they grow an offense.

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska L — I think Penn State will be better than folks expect this year. The sanctions haven't killed them yet.

Nov. 30 Iowa vs Nebraska W — Hawkeyes would like to gravitate toward mediocrity. It would be an improvement.

Jan. 1 (Bowl) Nebraska vs. Whoknows? W — We're due for a bowl win.

11-2

Note: If we lose to Meechicken and also lose another B1G game we won't own the tiebreaker and won't be going to Indy for the CCG.