Jadeveon Clowney: Martinez is "scared"

USATSI_7342216_220956_lowres.jpg

But if Tuesday was any indication, Clowney doesn't need Twitter to talk smack. He had some choice words for the quarterback of his team's archrival.

"You can see in his eyes that he's scared of our D-line," Clowney said of Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd, who he sacked 4.5 times last season. "He is scared every time we play them. I know he's listening to this right now, but I'm telling the truth."

Clowney didn't reserve all his disdain for Boyd. He also included Georgia's Aaron Murray and Nebraska's Taylor Martinez on his list of "scared" quarterbacks.

He won't have to wait long to start backing up his words: South Carolina opens SEC play at Georgia. The Gamecocks end the regular season by hosting Clemson.

Source: http://www.cbssports...rce=twitterfeed

He sacked martinez twice in the capital one bowl against one of our worst offensive lines in years

250 yards, two touchdowns and a 31-31 tie after three quarters. The defense folds and gives up two fourth-quarter TDs against UGA. That's hardly Martinez' fault.

Also, I seem to recall Taylor scrapping it out several times with Georgia defenders. I don't recall him being "scared."

Of course, I'm not trying to pump myself and my team up to win the SEC like Clowney, so maybe if I was I'd see things differently. The guy is a physical freak and has earned the right to talk.

250 yards, two touchdowns and a 31-31 tie after three quarters. The defense folds and gives up two fourth-quarter TDs against UGA. That's hardly Martinez' fault.

Also, I seem to recall Taylor scrapping it out several times with Georgia defenders. I don't recall him being "scared."

Of course, I'm not trying to pump myself and my team up to win the SEC like Clowney, so maybe if I was I'd see things differently. The guy is a physical freak and has earned the right to talk.

Not trying to nitpick old man, but Clowney is at SC. lol

• Fire 1

tbh... I was confused about that for about 5 seconds, because why the hell would the guy talk about a QB from a team he played once two years ago?

tbh... I was confused about that for about 5 seconds, because why the hell would the guy talk about a QB from a team he played once two years ago?

Same here. I guess we have bulletin board material on the off chance we play them in a bowl game again. :hmmph

a. martinez does tend to look scared. he just has that look about him. but he has demonstrated true grit.

b. why is clowney even talking smack about t-mart? why does he care?

c. it will be interesting to see how they do this year. i am guessing they finish third in their division.

d. clowney is the dude who did this:

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

I do think Taylor gets rattled every once in a while when he gets hit a few times in the pocket, but like others have said, that doesn't seem to hinder his performance a whole lot and make him do more stupid things than usual. I'd be cautious of where Clowney is at every play too.