29 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Interesting. I haven't seen anything suggesting this guy is a wingnut. Of course, he hasn't provided any details or proof, either.

Presuming, arguendo, that he's correct, that raises a couple of questions:

When did we start collecting this stuff? - It'd be easier to hide this kind of thing in more recent history, as technology would tend to blend in a bit. During the era of stagecoaches and steam trains... not so much. If the collection of these artefacts was recent, why? Did they only just start coming here and crashing here? Why are they crashing? Are we shooting them down or are they capable of interstellar travel, but bad at flying in Earth's atmosphere?

What branch of the government was involved in hiding it, and for how long? - The intelligence arms of the US Government haven't existed as they do today for eight decades. We only had a CIA-like agency since the WWII era. How would alien craft collection and cover-up look in a pre-WWII era? And if they weren't traveling here prior to that, why? And what made them come after that (the advent of the nuclear era?)

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Interesting. I haven't seen anything suggesting this guy is a wingnut. Of course, he hasn't provided any details or proof, either.

Presuming, arguendo, that he's correct, that raises a couple of questions:

When did we start collecting this stuff? - It'd be easier to hide this kind of thing in more recent history, as technology would tend to blend in a bit. During the era of stagecoaches and steam trains... not so much. If the collection of these artefacts was recent, why? Did they only just start coming here and crashing here? Why are they crashing? Are we shooting them down or are they capable of interstellar travel, but bad at flying in Earth's atmosphere?

What branch of the government was involved in hiding it, and for how long? - The intelligence arms of the US Government haven't existed as they do today for eight decades. We only had a CIA-like agency since the WWII era. How would alien craft collection and cover-up look in a pre-WWII era? And if they weren't traveling here prior to that, why? And what made them come after that (the advent of the nuclear era?)

It’s weird.  20-30 years ago people would be freaking out about this revelation.  Now it’s almost like, hmm yeah not really too surprising.   Then again the skeptic in me thinks all this UFO stuff over the years since probably the Roswell Incident, could just be some ongoing misinformation program by the government in order to keep our enemies thinking we are reverse engineering some crazy stuff.  I would think some pictures or physical evidence would have leaked out by now.  I don’t know what to believe.  It sure is interesting, though.  

18 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It’s weird.  20-30 years ago people would be freaking out about this revelation.  Now it’s almost like, hmm yeah not really too surprising.   Then again the skeptic in me thinks all this UFO stuff over the years since probably the Roswell Incident, could just be some ongoing misinformation program by the government in order to keep our enemies thinking we are reverse engineering some crazy stuff.  I would think some pictures or physical evidence would have leaked out by now.  I don’t know what to believe.  It sure is interesting, though.  

My thought has been - with so many people having smart phones and, thus, a camera with them all the time - shouldn't there be many more sightings and evidence?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
22 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It's not that there's zero evidence. We have legitimate videos of UFOs, released by the Pentagon with a "we don't know what these are" attached narrative. Are they aliens? Who knows. But our government has no clue what they are and per the accounts of credible military sources (both personally and officially) they don't really behave physically like anything we know to be possible. No thermal exhaust, active radar jamming, able to move without acceleration, etc.

This is, at the very least, a really fun and entertaining interview with a retired Commander David Fravor who's a retired US Navy pilot, talking about his own encounter with an inexplicable UFO object as well as walking through some footage of others and telling stories of other pilots and experiences. I timestamped it where it really starts getting into it.

17 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

The most interesting comment about this and comes with great skepticism, was this was a planned leak because one of our adversaries (most likely China) are further along in reverse engineering what they have and could use that against us.   This was more of a call to put this out in the open so we can have some of our allies join us and collab to reverse engineer what we all have so we can be first and we (the US and our allies) can dictate how it is used and who gets to use it.   They then linked some comments from a congressional hearing a few months back and this leak and tie it all together.  It was interesting comment.  

On 6/7/2023 at 3:52 PM, knapplc said:

It'd be weird if an act of Congress is what broke this news to the world since Congress is so... broken.

Congress has held hearings on UFO/UAP before:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/10/congress-holding-ufo-hearing-00031367

This will be only the second time since the late 60's, but the Air Force conducted an investigation over many years back then and found nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...