Who Ya Got?

Who Ya Got?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think this thing gets well under control early. Very few-if any-starters will play deep into the 2nd half. Top defense gives up some points early-7 to 10ish-then then 2nds and 3rds will give up a score or two later on when the games already decided. The offense will get very simple and slow down in the later stages as well. They'll be some pleasant surprise on D but will also be some talking points of concern as well. We'll probably end up being very pleased with the fact that the defense gets one more tune up before UCLA.

49-24 Big Red.

I have a feeling our top defense is going to be playing well into the 4th quarter during these early games. The team is too young not to give them the needed reps. Only way they get yanked is if depth is a concern and he's worried about injury.

Probably so. But I'll expand on my "in control early" thought. I'm talking 21-0 after one. And 35-42ish at halftime. I really believe the offense is that ready to run. I agree the defense could be playing into the 4th, but probably not well into it if that is the case.

I also forgot to add the we're gonna see Newby and/or Taylor do something that is going to give HuskerNation a collective hard-on.

56 to 21.

Im sure that we will get a lot of guys in on defense to see who we have that is game ready and give a lot of guys game reps. We wont find out anything from this game other than we are very good on offense and our defense is very fast. Which is something we have all been saying since March.

I dont think we'll beat them by 28. Bo always calls off the dogs

This. I think we *could* beat them by 28+. But it seems like Bo plays it close to the vest the first few games out. Doesn't want to show much on game films to our conference foes.

Cowboys +28

Over 61

First score: Wyoming 3 Huskers 0

Halftime: Huskers 31 Wyoming 10

Final: Huskers 45 Wyoming 24

Wyoming QB stats: Passing Efficiency - #11 nationwide, 330 attempts, 205 complete, 28 TD, 6 pics, 500 yds. rushing gains. Apparently semi quick thus NU D = :ahhhhhhhh . Legitimate game against Boise St: 24-36-0 passing; 13 carries, 68 yards rushing.

Huskers got only 45 points because extended fall camp scrimmage. Whole bunch of 3rd and 4th string subs. Also, negative turnovers, again.

I dont think we'll beat them by 28. Bo always calls off the dogs

This. I think we *could* beat them by 28+. But it seems like Bo plays it close to the vest the first few games out. Doesn't want to show much on game films to our conference foes.

Any chance the offense is explosive enough that even if Bo goes vanilla we still gash'em for 50+? T.O. wasn't one to run up the score, but you also can't tell your 3rd team running back to run 7 yards and then fall down or slow up for the defense to catch you.

I think the athletic d will confound the initial Wyoming game-plan and we will have a 24-7-ish halftime lead. Following that Wyoming will adjust and it will turn to more of a track meet. Following the game:

1. People are excited about the freshman running-backs. One or both has a good game.
  2. People are overly excited about the front seven, the line and linebackers consistently stuff the run during the game.
  3. People are overly dramatic about the secondary, Wyoming has a good qb and some nice receivers.
  4. People should not panic, but will be convinced that "were this Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, or Wisconsin we would have been crushed!!!!"
  5. Despite having the game in hand most all of the game, people will not be happy with the result. 52-28 NU

I think the athletic d will confound the initial Wyoming game-plan and we will have a 24-7-ish halftime lead. Following that Wyoming will adjust and it will turn to more of a track meet. Following the game:

1. People are excited about the freshman running-backs. One or both has a good game.
  2. People are overly excited about the front seven, the line and linebackers consistently stuff the run during the game.
  3. People are overly dramatic about the secondary, Wyoming has a good qb and some nice receivers.
  4. People should not panic, but will be convinced that "were this Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, or Wisconsin we would have been crushed!!!!"
  5. Despite having the game in hand most all of the game, people will not be happy with the result. 52-28 NU

That's just your opinion, imo, but I still think it's a good one.