SEC and Cheating / Yahoo Article

Beez

Check out Saban's presser today. He is being a baby-back b*tch.

http://outkickthecov...t-dj-fluker.php

FF to around 3:00.

Who gets the pay off for the product placement....

Ha ha! That was awesome. LOL If Pelini had a temper tantrum like that the media would nail him to a cross. Saban does it, and I doubt there's any blowback at all. :lol:

The reporters at Yahoo seem to have no trouble researching these type of stories over the years, yet the feckless NCAA investigators seem clueless.

Why doesn't the NCAA replace it's stumbling Dudley-Do-Rights with the Yahoo characters and actually get some things accomplished?

The reporters at Yahoo seem to have no trouble researching these type of stories over the years, yet the feckless NCAA investigators seem clueless.

Why doesn't the NCAA replace it's stumbling Dudley-Do-Rights with the Yahoo characters and actually get some things accomplished?

Why would they? That'd be bad for business.

Why would they? That'd be bad for business.

It was a rhetorical question.........

Man after watching that Saban video my first thought is that he acted like a child. Bo gets a hard time for not getting along with the media but man that was bad.

He was urging people to talk to him about A&M instead, but he got just as pissy when he was asked about Manziel earlier in the season.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say many programs cheat. These guys just got caught.

We remember OU and the Big Red Motors thing awhile back.

Hell, Jackie Sherrill got A&M busted pretty hard years ago as well.

What about Baylor and without a single winning season, started pulling in the best recruits in the country in basketball.

No, I'm not saying EVERYONE cheats....but a lot of people do. I would be willing to bet the Urban Meyer at OSU isn't clean either.

I am not condoning cheating or defending the SEC, I'm just making observations.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say many programs cheat. These guys just got caught.

What about Baylor and without a single winning season, started pulling in the best recruits in the country in basketball.

No, I'm not saying EVERYONE cheats....but a lot of people do. I would be willing to bet the Urban Meyer at OSU isn't clean either.

I am not condoning cheating or defending the SEC, I'm just making observations speculations.

FIFY

I am not condoning cheating or defending the SEC, I'm just making observations speculations.

FIFY

I accept this FIFY. :D I also stand behind my position.

I am not condoning cheating or defending the SEC, I'm just making observations.

Many programs do cheat, no doubt about it. But that's not what's being talked about here. What's being talked about is how it's okay to do it in the SEC. It's not, and the way the NCAA and ESPN are treating this is ridiculously and so obviously biased towards their cash cow.

First of all, this was just discovered, so we don't KNOW how the NCAA will treat it. As was pointed out, unlike nothing but words, a la Johnny Football, this article has lots of HARD evidence.

A second note: I think it's less "SEC" and more "big programs." Look at Oregon. There's been plenty of investigations, yet nothing. The closest thing to this situation in terms of evidence was Ohio State. My guess is if it was just "words" and no evidence, they would have been let off too.