Thank You BO

Tom Osborne made the right decision in hiring Bo, i have no doubt.

Remember Callahan? He took away the walk on program. He made our running QBs pass. He insulted Oklahoma Tom Osborne, and our fans. He ruined every record ever held in Nebraska. I remember watching fans wear bags over there heads in games out of disgrace. The list can go on.

There is a list of all the coaches hired the same year as Bo and Bo has the best record. He brought us back to winning seasons, to division championships and to conference championship games. He brought us respect back in the Big 12 and brought the walk on program back. He cleaned up off the field issues, and brought our athletes grades up to the highest mark ever in history. I have a lot of respect for what Bo has done and I think this week that deserves to be remembered. I think we are ready for another chapter in Nebraska football. However, I think Due to Bo's success we are not in the same situation we were in when We fired Callahan. If Bo does not return to Nebraska next season, I wish him the best and have confidence he could have success in his future endeavors.

I am pulling for a new coach in hopes of achieving greatness, but I think Bo deserves a big Thank You for bringing us this far.

• Fire 4

He's done so many good things for his kids and for the program/university that I fiercely and passionately wish he would get it figured out and enjoy finishing out his career here with success and respect.

Just don't know if he's capable of it.

My god. my god. So simple. Yet so accurate.

Until yesterday I never in a million years wouldve thought the final sentence in the quoted comment. But I do now. And it's just really scaring the sh#t out of me, because in everything else, Bo really is perfect for Nebraska.

These times really are testing us as a fanbase and our perspective. But regardless, the head football coaches job is to win football games. I just dont know where I stand anymore in the hate-Bo/love-Bo saga anymore.

He's done so many good things for his kids and for the program/university that I fiercely and passionately wish he would get it figured out and enjoy finishing out his career here with success and respect.

Just don't know if he's capable of it.

My god. my god. So simple. Yet so accurate.

Until yesterday I never in a million years wouldve thought the final sentence in the quoted comment. But I do now. And it's just really scaring the sh#t out of me, because in everything else, Bo really is perfect for Nebraska.

These times really are testing us as a fanbase and our perspective. But regardless, the head football coaches job is to win football games. I just dont know where I stand anymore in the hate-Bo/love-Bo saga anymore.

We've asked this at one time or another with each coach, including TO.

I asked myself the same about Dabo at Clemson. He then went out and Clemson, got him the thing Bo is lacking. Morris and Venables. Two big time, high name coordinators to allow him to concentrate on the big picture.

For all intensive purposes, Bo has the ability to be a HC. Character, academics, scandal free, recruiting are all positives. BUT he can;t be the DC and teach the DC his job, or the OC, head recruiter etc... NU needs to hire competent staff to help.

If Bo wants to stay (he might want out?) it will be done at the cost of some friends being let go. Just y .02

• Fire 3

If you don't mind me interjecting an A&M analogy, I see Bo as y'alls Mike Sherman.

Here's what I mean:

We had Fran. Fran was TURRIBLE. His recruiting was crap, he damaged our relationship with a lot of Texas HS coaches, and shat all over a lot of our traditions. He had a couple of flashes of greatness, but nothing panned out. Then we brought in Mike Sherman. He righted the ship. Recruiting got better, relationships improved, our traditions were honored, and the team started winning again. HE was never able to win the REALLY big games (although he did beat Texas a couple of times). He was never going to be the coach to win us championships, but he laid the foundation for a great team down the line...a team that Aggies are starting to see now with Kevin Sumlin.

This is the point where Nebraska is. Bo has repaired the damage done to the program by Callahan, but I just don't see him coaching y'all to a Natty or even a B1G Championship. It doesn't matter if he gets you to the CCG if you keep getting blown out. Bo is a good coach, but he's not a great coach, and he's not the coach to bring the Huskers to the next level. Like I said, he's your Sherman. What you need it to find your "Sumlin." Who is it that can take Nebraska to the next level?

IT seems simple enough, but finding the right coach is never easy.

• Fire 1