Tommy or RKIII

Warrior10

Was going to discuss this in the "Taylor held out of practice with Turf Toe" but that has turned into a mash Martinez dumpster fire. Now that we have the audio leak behind us I really want to start focusing on SDSU. I do not think we will play Taylor this week so which backup QB do you want to see? I have reasons for both:

RKIII: Ron can really wing the ball around. We have so many weapons receiving the ball that I wouldn't mind him starting and getting the ball in Bell/Q/JT/Wester/AMoore's hands. Throw it around A LOT. Feed the backs on swing passes and screens.

Armstrong: He more than likely is the starter for next year (yes Stanton will give him a run), and this is a chance to get him some big time experience. Everyone was drooling over him running the option vs Southmiss. We didn't see him throw in that game.....but we did in the spring game and it was impressive. He more fits the offense that we run week in and week out with Taylor, maybe not as complicated with him (Tommy) at QB, but we could run more effective traditional option.

Personally I would give Tommy the start but if we get up 14-21 points mix RKIII into the game for a series or 2 with the ones. RKIII has been nothing but loyal to the program and deserves the chance for some PT.....not to mention he can wing the ball around.

• Fire 3

I'd think we would want to have Armstrong get as many snaps as possible to better prepare him for next year. Of course, if TMart is hobbled long term or semi-long term this season then his contributions are needed now. Investing time in Kellogg makes less sense... each minute Kellogg gets is a minute that Armstrong does not get --- and there is no long-term benefit for NU in Kellogg (he is a senior).

Now... the perspective I hold is unfair to Kellogg who has put in much time and effort --- to bypass him for the freshman simply because the freshman is the future and needs snaps is unfair. that said, long term team goals supersede individuals. It is best for NU long term if Armstrong plays. Unless...

Armstrong is not yet ready. If Kellogg is clearly ready and Armstrong is not --- then it is a different story. If both are ready... play Armstrong.

We do not know the state of readiness for either guy really --- neither has, essentially --- played. So we have no real idea yet.

I would start Kellogg at least for the first series just so he can say he started a game for the Huskers he has given a great deal to the program. After that up to the coaches. But that is just me I'm sure the coaches will do what they feel best and that is good enough for me.

that is a good idea... can transition then to Armstrong... if he is ready.

I'm a little concerned about the rather cavalier attitude that both will play a lot (as if the game is in the bag).

A couple of years ago, this outfit actually outplayed us and could have won here.

I believe they also lost in the semi's last year to Bohl's team that manhandled the Mildcats this year.

All these distractions could lead to a perfect scenario where we think we can just show up and win based on the team jerseys.

But, to your original question, I'd go with the better fit for the offense to become explosive right now. I'd guess that would be T.A.

• Fire 1