11 AM Games...

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the 4 games after Minny, will be either 330pm or 7pm games...

Dont believe the BIG10 allows night games from Oct on

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the 4 games after Minny, will be either 330pm or 7pm games...

Dont believe the BIG10 allows night games from Oct on

They're allowed in Oct but not Nov. The BIG needs to get with the times. TV and recruiting are too important to sacrifice them by not having Saturday night games in Nov. It is especially stupid when they backload your conference schedule so all your big games come in Nov. For roadgames like Minn I don't mind the 11am starts. I get to watch the huskers then watch the big games of the day. For homegames they suck for recruiting. Too hard to get kids in for a 11am game when they played a game the night before.

The Big10 has gone back on this some. Delaney himself has said that if two teams want to do a November night game, the conference would not stand in the way. Ultimately, it has to be up to the networks.

I like the 11am games. With two preschool age kids, the game occurs during lunchtime and nap time, so I actually have a chance to enjoy the game, and when it is over, we still have the rest of the day in front of us to play and get other stuff done.

As far as viewing is concerned I don't mind 11:00 starts either. The game starts at 10:00 my time. I think some of you guys are forgetting that we used to have around 3 11:00 starts in the big 12 every year also.

I think it can hurt getting recruits into see games though. I actually think we play better on the earlier games.

Gotta be the competition. Until the level of play goes up in the B1G, those games will be early if picked up by ESPN or ABC. Think about it. In the B1G, the teams that have decent quality are:

Nebraska

tOSU

Wisky

Meatchicken

NW

Penn State?

MSU?

The above should kick the crap out of:

Iowa

Illinois

Purdue

Minnesota

Indiana

at first i enjoyed the novelty of 11am games. steak and eggs, bloody mary's, so on and so forth. but this is getting old. it makes the day so long. and i like getting my chores and errands done before i retire to the couch to just enjoy football and drinks. i do not get much done with these 11am games.

sick of this.

Too many of the first leads to the second? :dunno

I understand from a recruiting and/or partying standpoint, 11AM is not ideal. But I have never minded them. I get up and watch Game Day, watch the huskers, and then I have the rest of Saturday to watch more football or go do something else.

Next weekend I have family coming in for the game and we are going to drink early and often and when the game is over, we are going to take the party to downtown St Paul.

It kills the experience. From me, the games are about partying and hanging with friends, that is the best part of the day, when the game is at 11am it really limits your time before the game in a big way. Of course, if ruins things after the game because the lame wives are like "so you will be back home by 3:30, right?"

• Fire 1