Martinez-------Will he start on Sat. against Minnesota?

My prediction is that he will start, play most of the first half and be told to not run unless he needs too or it's wide open with out much cutting to protect the foot until we get into a dog fight down the road.

I think this may be the last thing he would be told after the second half of UCLA. He's either ready to run or he's not.

I think he is just healed enough to throw the ball for a quarter or so...no running, unless absolutely necessary and not even then.

His ankles are bad enough where he likely won't be able to run again at the level we are used too without surgery. So it comes down to do you want to take a chance on him attempting to run on two bad and very heavily taped ankles or do we move on without him since he will likely be ineffective as primarily a pocket passer?

Seven games in, most guys are less than "100%". They are game ready, but not as fresh as day one. Imagine if Martinez is actually 100% and as healthy as he has ever been after 5 weeks "rest". This might be the edge we need down this stretch. I also like the idea of being a game time decision for the rest of the year. Keep opposing DC's trying to possibly scheme for all 3. Waste some time with trying to get specific packages in to counter different abilities of ll 3.

If Martinez is not able to plant and go, then he needs to sit. Looking back at the UCLA game, there were some crazy creases he refused to exploit....... IMO, the inability to plant and go really hurt us in that game and ultimately cost us. Yes D let them score 38 unanswered, but a healthy Martinez still scores.

I still think he was hurt all year and UCLA was the tipping point to playing with pain and being hurt.

• Fire 3

For real though. I don't think Martinez should start but He needs some reps for sure to shake off the rust. We are really going to be needing him for our grueling Nov. schedule. The more rest he gets the more healed up he'll be so it's really hard to say if we would want him in there too much.