Martinez-------Will he start on Sat. against Minnesota?

Martinez will never again be the 100% unbelievable acceleration athlete that he was in his freshman year.

Maybe. But take a look at the 92 yard TD against UCLA last year and the crazy 76 yarder against Wisconsin last year. Whatever percentage that was, I'll take it.

Especially the Wisconsin run. He had already been scrambling frenetically for 50 yards by the time he hit the open field, and he still had another gear left to outrun defensive backs who were standing in front of him.

• Fire 1

Martinez will never again be the 100% unbelievable acceleration athlete that he was in his freshman year.

Maybe. But take a look at the 92 yard TD against UCLA last year and the crazy 76 yarder against Wisconsin last year. Whatever percentage that was, I'll take it.

Especially the Wisconsin run. He had already been scrambling frenetically for 50 yards by the time he hit the open field, and he still had another gear left to outrun defensive backs who were standing in front of him.

The UCLA run absolutely, but the CCG run doesn't really work for the point you're trying to make in my opinion.

He didn't outrun anyone - at least not in the sense that you're talking, where they chased him but couldn't catch him. He just found an open crease and ran through it with some great downfield blocking. Not diminishing how incredible it was, but it didnt' succeed because he "outran" anyone.

And multiple times vs Michigan State.

The UCLA run absolutely, but the CCG run doesn't really work for the point you're trying to make in my opinion.

He didn't outrun anyone - at least not in the sense that you're talking, where they chased him but couldn't catch him. He just found an open crease and ran through it with some great downfield blocking. Not diminishing how incredible it was, but it didnt' succeed because he "outran" anyone.

Boy, I don't know about that. Watch when he hits about the 40 yard line. Once he sees the seam, he puts it into another gear. And he should have been exhausted by then.