Blackshirts are gone.

Just a motivation ploy. However its not like the defense at this point deserves to wear them. AT ALL. Lets not forget what it means to wear those shirts. If they want them back, then earn it.

Actually, historically, pre-Pelini, pre-Callahan, what it meant to wear a blackshirt was that the wearer was first string defense. No more, no less.

Granted, in that time frame, we had many great defenses that played with a nasty disposition. I miss that as much as anyone but, let's not misrepresent what and how they should be awarded and treated. This is exactly what I don't like about the way Bo has chosen to deal with the blackshirts. It's just a punishment because they aren't good enough. It totally ignores the more significant aspect of motivation and working your ass off to earn one.

I made a big pitch prior to this season to get back to doing it the old way. Problem is, even though he handed them out before the season, the whole tradition of it is treated differently by Bo. I'm now of the opinion that, as long as Bo is the boss, they should box them up and forget about them. He's doing more harm than good with them. He needs to first worry about teaching these kids fundementals and get them in the frame of mind to run through walls for him.

• Fire 3

We heard all summer long about the great talent we had recruited, how this year would be Bo's best year, even with the youth, that had no seen the field. Is that talent really there? Is the coaching staff failing to teach them. Do the kids lack motivation. How can you play division one football, and not be motivated to play. How can you have reached this level, been selected by this staff and not know and be proficient in the fundamentals. Nothing changes from the time you start playing football, tackle, block, run, catch and pass. How do they go so bad? These kids have problems, be it motivation, lack of leadership within the team, lack of qualified coaching, something is very wrong.

Saturday is D day. We lose that game, we will most likely lose the rest of them.

From the insiders, what do you feel is the problem. How can it be fixed? I know you guys are as disappointed as the rest of us, but you seemed to have the answers before, we need them now.

We heard all summer long about the great talent we had recruited, how this year would be Bo's best year, even with the youth, that had no seen the field. Is that talent really there? Is the coaching staff failing to teach them. Do the kids lack motivation. How can you play division one football, and not be motivated to play. How can you have reached this level, been selected by this staff and not know and be proficient in the fundamentals. Nothing changes from the time you start playing football, tackle, block, run, catch and pass. How do they go so bad? These kids have problems, be it motivation, lack of leadership within the team, lack of qualified coaching, something is very wrong.

Saturday is D day. We lose that game, we will most likely lose the rest of them.

From the insiders, what do you feel is the problem. How can it be fixed? I know you guys are as disappointed as the rest of us, but you seemed to have the answers before, we need them now.

Not an insider. I think on D, it comes down to scheme. Our guys are reacting. The old axiom in a gunfight is action is quicker than reaction. Holds true in football. To much read and react. Not enough see ball get ball, Bo's comment about Suh, Haag, Prince as proof the system works tells me it

A) works with someone else's recruits or

B) works with top NFL talent

When Bo's scheme is repeatedly exploited and he has no answer ie he continues to play his system, we are doomed. Scheme for what you have, not what you want..............