Do we really want to play in the CCG?

Hayseed

Up til the Minnie loss I was kinda hoping we'd let somebody else go lose in the CCG while we slide into an at-large BCS bowl bid. Now that's off the table then hell let's go for it. With MSU undefeated in-con we'll likely have to win-out to take the division. If we can do that I think we can give OSU a run for their money, especially if they're pissed about not playing for it all.

OSU would be depending on the Conference Championship Game to help them get to playing for it all. Not exactly sure why it would be a letdown for OSU to be playing for the conference championship

Up til the Minnie loss I was kinda hoping we'd let somebody else go lose in the CCG while we slide into an at-large BCS bowl bid. Now that's off the table then hell let's go for it. With MSU undefeated in-con we'll likely have to win-out to take the division. If we can do that I think we can give OSU a run for their money, especially if they're pissed about not playing for it all.

OSU would be depending on the Conference Championship Game to help them get to playing for it all. Not exactly sure why it would be a letdown for OSU to be playing for the conference championship

I was confused by this as well. Although, technically the Pac 12 Championship Game and SEC Championship Game will both be done by the time the Big Ten Championship Game kicks off so technically it's possible that the matchup will already be decided. But I don't think that's what he meant.

eyegor.gif

Love it walks..

This thread started pissing me off, but it got me to wondering.

Are we glad we played in our last MNC game?

Most people felt we didn't deserve to be there..Miami toyed with us...But going into that game, I thought we had the best chance of anyone to beat them on a neutral site..

I don't think anyone else would have faired any better than us. There was no solid #2 team that year.

Va Tech came pretty close in Miami's previous game (24-26)...That's probably the main reason so many thought our '95 team was the best ever...And our imaginary "best ever" crown is probably why I'm rooting against Alabama most of the time these past few seasons..

I find it interesting how so many appropriate NU football to themselves... saying "we" want to play for the CCG and "I" want to play the best and be the best --- as if any one of us who posts here are on the team. Many seem to get a subset of their identity from the team so much so as to see themselves as part of the team. That, in and of itself, is telling.

It is rational and reasonable to look at the team you root for and recognize that they are not yet ready for a stage like OSU in the CCG. NU is simply not yet playing anywhere near the level where they would be competitive and such a game would not end well (but NU could, theoretically, find themselves there anyway). If the better good of the team and the program is in view --- especially long term --- then backing into a CCG because no one else in the Legends division has risen to the top... and getting stomped on a national stage may not help recruiting or team psyche (or in any way). To quietly get better (and not play the CCG) and earn a bowl game and play hopefully some one comparable to NU --- that could be better for the program overall.

As posted earlier, it is likely a moot point as I'd think MSU is far more likely to win out than is NU. In any event, there is nothing wrong with a fan of NU thinking that a CCG is premature for this squad and is better suited for perhaps next year (or, at least, we would hope NU is better then and at that point ready). NU is not yet ready for such a stage.

The possibility that we might still be recruiting players who think like this might be why it's taking so long for "US" to be great again.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

bring on anyone. Meechicken, Sparty, The Ohio State, or Bama. Let's play em all. And let's beat em. GBR

Do we really want to play in the CCG?

What kind of a question is that? Hell yes, we want to play for championships. View the clip! If you do not want to win the game, stay home!

If somehow we can make it there and "shock the world" it would obviously be great for the program and recruiting, but it would also be great to shut everyone up that is hating on Nebraska. I want to punch the Iowa fans around here in the mouth. Got flipped off by another one the other day for just having a Husker sticker on my truck. Morons............

I understand that you play to compete but do we really want a chance to get embarrassed on national TV again? Then again it could be a great opportunity to beat a good Ohio State team. I am a Bo supporter and think our defense has stepped up the past few weeks but I am not completely sold on them yet. Don't forget OSU will try to run the score up on us to get style points and make themselves look better. I am excited in the direction we are heading after the start of the season. GBR