Scott Frost Lost and streeter wonders if people still want him as HC of Nebraska

I was depressed I had to watch the Redsjins v Vikings for a comoetetive game on what was supposed to be a HUGE night of College Football. Good comeback attempt by Oregon though. 20 points straight in like 8 min. after getting shutout 26-0 just shows that had they been a little more prepared they could have won. Kudos to Stanford though, brilliant Defense. I want their guy and I want him here NOW. As DC just so were clear.

I'm sure you were pissed about losing -- been there, done that.

Disclaimer: I don't want Scott Frost to be our next coach now (maybe in years to come with more experience)....

But seriously? Are we now expecting a coach's career to be over because they lost a game? Frost should hang it up now? Consider FCS schools?

His team lost to the #5 team in the nation. And they didn't allow 70 points or get whooped by 40 points.

It happens.

• Fire 2

I'm sure you were pissed about losing -- been there, done that.

Disclaimer: I don't want Scott Frost to be our next coach now (maybe in years to come with more experience)....

But seriously? Are we now expecting a coach's career to be over because they lost a game? Frost should hang it up now? Consider FCS schools?

His team lost to the #5 team in the nation. And they didn't allow 70 points or get whooped by 40 points.

It happens.

They got whooped [effectively] by 26 points.

Nobody is saying Frost should hang up the headset. I think the point some of us are trying to say is that Scott shouldn't be credited with all the success of Oregon, nor should he be credited with all their failings.

That loss wasn't on Scott Frost, I don't want him as a head coach regardless right now, but nothing I seen last night changed my opinion of him positive or negative. Oregon played terrible last night and Stanford played great. That's a damn good football team..............I wish we could line it up and run it down the #5 team in the nation's throat. :hmmph

Frost will make a great HC someday, but his first gig should not be here. Thought that before last night, think the same today. Granted they got manhandled by a dominating Stanford team but really it showed that Frost has some things to learn. Player motivation being one thing, and yes I realize we currently have that same issue. Adjusting at halftime, yes we have same issue. Utilizing the talent you have to best your opponent, again we have same issue.

So again I ask: Do we really want to fire a first time coach to bring in a first time coach that has similar issues?

This thread and this entire idea of Frost as a Head Coach is one huge fail.

Yes, let's fire a guy we hired as a first time head coach because it appears he and his first time assistants may be in over their heads.....THEN turn around and hire a brand new shiny first time head coach all over again. Dumbasses.

aylor kind of surprised me tonight though. I thought it would be a close game. Just praying that LSU wins Saturday.
OU is TERRIBLE. How they had a 10 ranking is beyond me. Baylor is good, but they aren't top 5 good.
Why not? Who is better? Bama, sure. Florida St.? Probably.... Other than that I don't see another team that stands significantly above Baylor....

But, Baylor's not in the SEC so they can't be that good. :sarcasm

If for some reason we get another Head coach I just would love for it to be one who runs a Alabama or Stanford type offense. I hate all this spread stuff.

This. I want a smashmouth offense that works in some play action and a few wrinkles. But the core of it needs to punching people in the mouth. That needs to be our philosophy on both sides of the ball.

I watched most of it. Really was surprised at how easily Stanford moved the ball on the ground. We have heard the Oregon was much stronger on the DL, and bigger. Scott was no more to blame for this loss than you were. Stanford showed up, ran the ball down their throats.

It did seem that Oregon was little off on the offensive side, but that could have been Stanford controlling the line of scrimmage. Mariota missed a lot of passes he normally makes. But I give all the credit to Shaw and Stanford. They wanted and played hard. It really was not even close, no matter the score.

Baylor kind of surprised me tonight though. I thought it would be a close game. Just praying that LSU wins Saturday.

I am not sure that Oregon is any better on defense than they have been for the last 5 years though.

Stanford was able to get tons of pressure on Mariota with a 4 man rush. Funny what happens when you actually get pressure on the QB.