Scott Frost Lost and streeter wonders if people still want him as HC of Nebraska

I am glad I wasn't the first one to say it. Thought about asking this in a status update.

He got blown out on prime time!!! His offense was embarrassed!!!!!!!

Do you open flood gates like this on purpose?

Just enjoy making fun of "the grass is always greener" crowd.

Okay, I get that. I wasn't quite sure how to take your comment.

Look man, in this case, the grass is not greener with Frost IMO, but the grass can be greener than it is now with the right guy at the helm.

I am glad I wasn't the first one to say it. Thought about asking this in a status update.

He got blown out on prime time!!! His offense was embarrassed!!!!!!!

Do you open flood gates like this on purpose?

Just enjoy making fun of "the grass is always greener" crowd.

Okay, I get that. I wasn't quite sure how to take your comment.

Look man, in this case, the grass is not greener with Frost IMO, but the grass can be greener than it is now with the right guy at the helm.

Its just to stupidity of some that will jump at any former Husker without looking at qualifications.

I'm not claiming that. Just a question, of how many people actually watched the game.

I watched the game and I think the Ducks got beat by philosophy alone. Smothering, hardass defense and an effective smashmouth, run right at you offense will be beat wide open fancy schmancy stuff all day long. It will work against a lot of teams but not against a team that is just plain nastier and tougher. I think Bama has been the poster boy for that style working and the Stanford-Oregon game last night is more evidence that it works. That is exactly how Nebraska made their mid 90's run. Watching O play is fun but that style is no match for a team that really wants to cram it down your throat.

This thread and this entire idea of Frost as a Head Coach is one huge fail.

Yes, let's fire a guy we hired as a first time head coach because it appears he and his first time assistants may be in over their heads.....THEN turn around and hire a brand new shiny first time head coach all over again. Dumbasses.

If he's still coaching here 10 years from now...do we still call him a first time head coach? I think after almost 6 years...Bo's no longer a "first time head coach". He doesn't get that benefit of the doubt anymore IMO.

What? His post wasn't excusing Bo, it was about not making the same mistake twice.

If there has to be a change, make a change. No more beginners under any circumstance. Proven college head coach, not requiring a BCS level coach. Preferably one that has turned a program around.

I understand the idea behind Scott, but I think we are changing just to be changing going that route. No doubt in my mind he is going to be a great head coach in the future, but I really do not want to see Nebraska continue being a training ground. I am sure Scott would give his all, just as I feel Bo has done.

But there is so much more to being a top head coach than just coaching. Organizational skills have to be that of a top level CEO of a major corporation. Management skills at the same level. And most important of all is their sales ability, and how to manage a recruiting effort. Most DC and OC's have never had the responsibility of the whole program. Just a small portion of what is required, and that portion has been their specialty from the get go.

I think there will be a change, I can not imagine a hail marry pass has changed the mind set of the very intelligent people that will make the decision. I think winning out will have that affect, but I honestly thing that is what it will take. I think we must get to the CCG for Bo to keep his job. Today is his first chance, here is hoping he accomplishes it.

I don't care either way, really. But...

NU doesn't go on the road anymore and lose by 6 by the #5 team in the country, either.

That game was nowhere as close as the final score showed. Stanford let up the last 8 minutes of the game, that's why. Other than that, they weren't just dominant - they needed to be arrested for the mugging they put on the Ducks.

aflac-1.jpg