What Bowl Game are We Going to?

Ok, if this is the CBS Sports information that a previous poster listed, it is only a prediction by Jerry Palm. They predict that we will be the #3 team in the B1G and will play South Carolina (blah!)

http://www.cbssports...wls/predictions

Outback Jan. 1 Tampa, Fla. Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Nebraska vs. South Carolina

A lot can happen between now and then :)

Us versus any SEC team of that caliber in the Outback Bowl frightens me.

We've played an SEC team the last two years in competitive games.

...I suppose you're right, but considering how battered our team is...

Then again, this team seems to live on surprising me, positively or negatively.

Three-four weeks to heal after Iowa should be good for the injury front

I just can't believe how emotionally unstable some people are on this board. I have had my moments too but this game showed me more positives than negatives. I have felt worse about a few wins this season than today's loss
I find it amazing that so many people seem content after a blowout loss on national TV....again. 12 years ago a double digit loss would never have had any good feelings attached. My how the mighty have fallen.
This wasn't truly a blowout loss. We were competitive in this game up until the last 6 minutes, at which point were were just gassed.
Points determine weather a loss is a blowout, and this was 13 points. The only reason it wasnt a 20 point loss in the book is a junk time score. They were gassed because they were on the field all the time, 38:37 TOP for MSU.

the only reason they won was 24 points off of turnovers

ifs and buts

If we win these last two, we'll end up in the Gator Bowl unless Wisconsin gets an at-large bid, in which case it'll be the Outback Bowl for us. It still seems unlikely to me that Wisconsin gets that at-large bid. Minny has to play MSU and Wisconsin yet, so you would think they'll drop below us in the pecking order.

The cherry on top of this season would be OSU sneaking into the MNC and Wisconsin getting an at-large bid, leaving MSU to play in the Rose Bowl and us to play the #2 SEC team in the Capitol One Bowl.

Yeah because losing to OU or Texas would be the ultimate cherry on a shitheap of a season that would really nail home this season for me.

Cry a little more for me ya big baby. Your acting like a 12 yr old. We lost, were not very good this year. Get over it, support the players and enjoy watching Randy Gregory rip people's heads off.

Yes, I'm really obtuse in hoping for Nebraska victories instead of random highlights.

Just because somebody isn't constantly bitching or down with such behavior doesn't mean they are content sunshine-pumpers. Just find constant complaint and focus on the negative to be pointless behavior that brings the board down.

As far as our bowl goes I'd prefer the BWW bowl against OU. I think there would be some excitement for that match-up. Plus we played two damn good teams in our last two bowls, hands-down better than OU. I think we can beat them.

Buffalo Wild Wings - Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe AZ - 12/28 9:15 CT - ESPN - Ed Cunningham and Ron Franklin announcers :tv (just kidding)

Huskers (Big10 No. 4/5) vs. :hookerhorns or :spooners (Bevo Conference No. 4)

Rose - Big Ten/BCS vs Pac-12/BCS

Capital One - Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2

Outback - Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC

Gator - Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. SEC No. 6

Heart of Assassination City - Big Ten No. 7 vs. C-USA

Texass Toilet Bowl - Big 12 No. 6 vs. Big Ten No. 6

(unlikely) Little Caesars Pizza - MAC vs. Big Ten No. 8

Already qualified: Buckeyes, Spartans, Badgers, Gophers, Huskers, Hawkeyes and Wolverines

Threshold: Wildcats and Hoosiers (both unlikely)

Sorry: Penn St.(NCAA sanction), Illini and Purdue

Both the BWW and Gator say they get the BIG 4/5. Do they alternate on who gets the first pick?

I think it hust depends who gets selected before they get to pick. Thats really just a suggested guideline to follow anyway. In the end they wil pick the team that they are allowed too pick that draws the most cash.

Cry a little more for me ya big baby. Your acting like a 12 yr old. We lost, were not very good this year.

You forgot to add that we can build off of losing and not being very good this year because making so many mistakes have given us so much valuable experience

Texas has always believed that a quarterback getting stomped or a defense getting regularly abused automatically means that they will get better next year, because there exists some inherent quality of automatic improvement that comes from getting stomped and abused. Those getting stomped and abused might get better, they also might get worse, but most likely they will stay exactly the same until the problems that led to the abuse and stompings get fixed.

Freshman that fumble as freshman will fumble as Sophomores unless it is fixed. Offensive coordinators that call a double reverse flea flicker in the end zone this year will do it next year until he is taken to task and someone who can fire him explains that he will not do that any more, or else fire him and replace him with someone not prone to do so time and again.

So put me into the "acting like a 12 6 year old" column as well because I can't sit back and enjoy one player playing well why the team and coaches collectively piss away another game due to the same reasons that they pissed away the last dozen or so. I don't like it, I won't eat it, and you can't make me! :rolleyes: