Ameer Abdullah Career Stat Watch

Also, I believe four of the Top 10 career rushers have been on campus in the last four years.

Recent players have been helped by playing/contributing as freshmen and sophomores, as well as 12 game regular seasons and conference championships. I am not trying to take away from the accomplishments of these very good/great players. I am just pointing out differences between guys from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and from the 2000s.

All-Purpose Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns) LINK

I beg to differ, sir. :lol:

/ If All purpose yard didn't include receiving The Jet would be much lower on that list.

All purpose yardage does include receiving. It does not include passing. Thus not many QBs on the list.

Okay, I thought that's what the original question meant. Catching passes---receiving. It didn't occur to me that it could have meant the QB throwing passes.

All purpose yardage is accumulated by rushing, receiving, punt returns, and kickoff returns. That is why you will have guys that were return guys high on all-purpose yardage lists.

All purpose yardage is accumulated by rushing, receiving, punt returns, and kickoff returns. That is why you will have guys that were return guys high on all-purpose yardage lists.

I wish they would calculate return yards differently than they do. (at least I don't think they do this).

If the return man catches the ball outside the end zone, the yards should be how ever many yards he gains. BUT, if he catches the ball in the end zone, thus having a chance to down it and have it at the 25, the yardage should be calculated as though he started at the 25. So, if he gets to the 30, then he gains 10 yards. however, if he only gets to the 20, then it is minus 10 yards.

Maybe I'm nuts, but even with his gaudy numbers, I would still take Burkhead over Abdullah ten times out of ten.

Me likey no fumbles, although Ameer improved significantly in that regard this year it seemed. Anyone got the count for this season?

AKA "The Butcher"

1538707_10100474275665193_158755400_n.jpg

That was all luck. He had about a thousand yards of garbage-time runs, all his TDs were when the defense had like their 11th-string in, and he's really bad at... like... blocking and stuff.

He's a terrible teammate and nobody likes him or ever has anything good to say about him ever, not even once. He doesn't practice good hygiene and he can't sing worth a lick. Pretty sure he cheats at Solitaire, too.

Basically what I'm saying is, no NFL team would want to draft this guy. You hear me NFL scouts? HE'S UNDRAFTABLE.

Look into the vortex and repeat after me: "I will not draft Ameer Abdullah. I will not draft Ameer Abdullah. I will not draft Ameer Abdullah...."

gif-animated.gif

• Fire 2

Also, I believe four of the Top 10 career rushers have been on campus in the last four years.

Recent players have been helped by playing/contributing as freshmen and sophomores, as well as 12 game regular seasons and conference championships. I am not trying to take away from the accomplishments of these very good/great players. I am just pointing out differences between guys from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and from the 2000s.

To some extent, this is true. But they've also been on the field at the same time. It's not like any of them were the only player getting the ball 30+ times per game. Three of the four years, three of them were on the team together. It was only this year when Martinez was injured that there was fewer than two of them playing together.

The state of the NFL/NCAA football currently supports offensive players and systems. It won't change. Offensive numbers have and will continue to rise. It has little to do with the talent of the current player, but it is somewhat a factor. In turn, defenses can also appear to be lesser.

The state of the NFL/NCAA football currently supports offensive players and systems. It won't change. Offensive numbers have and will continue to rise. It has little to do with the talent of the current player, but it is somewhat a factor. In turn, defenses can also appear to be lesser.

Agreed. NCAA hasn't gone as far with rule changes as NFL but still works for the offense. I also think more of the better athletes are going to offense, probably starting in high school. Just speculation on my part. And of course up tempo spread offenses lend themselves to more plays and thus more yards.

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen 3m

With 2,977 career rushing yards, Abdullah needs 1,013 to take the No. 2 spot on NU's all-time rushing list and 1,861 to take the top spot.

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen 2m

Abdullah has 17 career 100-yard games (11 this year) and needs 10 next year to break the school record. #Huskers

That is crazy, I wasn't sure we would see anyone come within reach of Rozier. Hope he stays healthy and makes a serious run at the 1861.