Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

so was this rumor a complete lie? if so, that is pretty sh**ty of the guy who posted it on fb.

It's amazig what some "fans" will do. We have a season to finish and recruiting to do. Potentially derailing things by throwing this kind of crap against the wall is truly pathetic.

+1 I completely agree. Also, taking a chance at screwing the program over to try and get rid of coach is just sad.

so was this rumor a complete lie? if so, that is pretty sh**ty of the guy who posted it on fb.

It's amazig what some "fans" will do. We have a season to finish and recruiting to do. Potentially derailing things by throwing this kind of crap against the wall is truly pathetic.

+1 I completely agree. Also, taking a chance at screwing the program over to try and get rid of coach is just sad.

It's dumba$$es like this that give the rest of us bad names, screw this guy!

Marketing the the product is winning games, not laser light shows and smoke.

I completely agree. Winning fixes everything, and this can't be emphasized enough. If Nebraska's winning conference titles and competing for championships, very few will complain about the fans, very few will complain about the Tunnel Walk, very few will complain about our PR/marketing, etc.

Winning. Cures. Everything.

Which is why Texass screwing us out of our rightfully-won 2009 title was such a piece of f*****g s**t d**k move on their part. That win puts the program on a completely different trajectory.

Instead, we're still chasing that rabbit, and we're no closer than we were in 2008.

I completely agree. Winning fixes everything, and this can't be emphasized enough. If Nebraska's winning conference titles and competing for championships, very few will complain about the fans, very few will complain about the Tunnel Walk, very few will complain about our PR/marketing, etc.

Which is why Texass screwing us out of our rightfully-won 2009 title was such a piece of f*****g s**t d**k move on their part. That win puts the program on a completely different trajectory.

Instead, we're still chasing that rabbit, and we're no closer than we were in 2008.

Then playing a hobbled TMart in the 2010 CCG. He should have been replaced after we got the big lead, for his and the teams sake. So there are two very winnable CCG's that are really hurting right now. Not to metion that we were favored last year and were trunkmonkeyed. So make that three.

• Fire 1

Does anybody know if this is a real person? I know someone earlier said they knew then but.....?

This seems like a great way to screw us over in a recruiting battle.

Then playing a hobbled TMart in the 2010 CCG. He should have been replaced after we got the big lead, for his and the teams sake. So there are two very winnable CCG's that are really hurting right now. Not to metion that we were favored last year and were trunkmonkeyed. So make that three.

I will +1 you anytime I see the word trunkmonkey

Shatel:

What makes a guy like big No. 71, Jeremiah Sirles, put himself back in the lineup a second straight game with a bum knee? It's not the Outback Bowl watch that's coming his way.

“We do it because we are playing for each other,” Sirles said. “You play for legacy. You play because you want to be remembered like this for a long time.”

Maybe, just maybe, there's a member of the 1992 or 1993 Nebraska team who just nodded his head.

“Championship teams get all the credit,” Brown said. “But if you ask them, they'll tell you that it was the guys on the teams before, in 1992 and 1993, who built it. They set up the culture that turned into a championship.

“We are not going to win the Big Ten championship. But this team is building something. This team has a lot of young guys who are maturing into a team right before our eyes.

“I think we're setting the stage for something special, to be honest with you.”

That sounds like a sales pitch directed to the ears of an athletic director. But Brown, who has worn championship rings and was also fired on Frank Solich's staff 10 years ago, speaks from the heart. He says what he believes.

The Huskers turned it over five times to Michigan State. They were listless at Minnesota. It's not all youth. When NU Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst makes his evaluation after the season, there's a big picture to consider, and that means the good, bad and ugly.

But if you're Eichorst, and you see a team that refuses to fold, a team with every reason to not show up for this one but showed up big, you have to ask yourself one question.

What if Brown is right?