What Did We Learn? - PSU Edition

Mavric

That Randy Gregory is getting skinny. Dude looks like he's lost 20 lbs since spring ball.

That Vincent Valentine not getting skinny. Dude is an anchor in the middle. Nobody pushes him around. (And he's still fairly mobile for his size!)

I've also been VERY impressed with VV's lateral movement all through the year. For a guy that big - and who reportedly has motivation issues - he's really pursued to the sideline very well.

Florida has lost how many in a row now? Can you imagine what Huskerboard would be like? The mods would probably have to shut it down and put half of the posters on suicide watch. I have watched Husker football for a long time through many ups and downs, I still love it and this team (and coach) has more potential than some seem to think (especially over the next few years).

Six, with FSU on deck. Georgia Southern didn't complete a single pass. It's kind of fun reading the Florida boards. More than a few posts about whether they got run on worse today than in the "Fiasco" Bowl against NU, comparing Georgia Southern's YPC with NU's, etc. They remember!

Wonder if their AD is reconsidering that vote of confidence he gave Muschamp. I bet a loss to an FCS team wasn't on his radar.

Some of the Gator faithful are still blaming a lack of execution:

Muschamp can't make the LB's not over pursue and play like middle schoolers. Too many players hurt to really say that it's his fault on defense. He is calling good plays but the players are not executing. GatorCountry

That our receivers are hot and cold and it's become annoying.

this is true, but i was wondering if the cold weather made it harder on them than usual. because i think that would excuse a few of those drops today, but was wondering what others were thinking.

It seemed like both teams were struggling catching passes. At least for a moment I attributed it to both QBs throwing the ball too hard on short passes. But that was probably necessary with the wind.

We've learned-

- that Bo DOES know football

-that our boys are tough as nails and can complete 4 quarters of football

-that we've got a championship team in the making with these young boys and firing Bo would jeopardize that

-that TOUGH is the new identity of the Huskers

-that I got my wish: We played tough smash mouth football

-that the refs in this game need to be taken to the woodshed or go back to Ref school or something

-these new rules are messing with players minds big time AND the are inconsistent across the conferences

-that the vocal HB 'fire Bo' posters are no where to be found this week

RKIII is playing his heart out.

Ameer is damn good, and we need to start calling other plays to try and open space for this kid

Westerkamp is really taking over Turners spot

Defense has some very good moments, some very frustrating especially on the interior line

Huskers played with heart and passion

speaking of Turner, will he get a medical redshirt?

People think the Top 10 - or even 5 - are all so totally superior that they can't be beaten by an unranked team on any given day obviously don't pay attention to what goes on around the nation.

Not saying we couldn't win, but odds wouldn't be in our favor.

I agree and it wasn't just directed at your post. There was another post or two that was more fatalistic than yours about how we have not chance to compete with the Top five. We would be long odds and it would surprise me to lose badly but we competed very well with Georgia last year to say nothing of other Top 5 teams losing to unranked teams.

I learned Im really gonna miss playing Penn State. Really couldve built this into something special.

I learned the Big Ten doesnt offer free vision care to its officiating crew.

I learned Offsides during a game winning overtime field goal can be as subtle as a mouse fart.

I learned Ron Kellogg is not a dual threat QB but shas a ton of heart.